Small Hubertus Spring Replacement

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Pima Pants

Small Hubertus Spring Replacement

Post by Pima Pants »

A question, mostly for Bill: I have a couple of the small Hubertus springers and one is my daily carry. Both are in excellent shape, but I was wondering if the internal firing spring breaks on one of them, can I replace it myself sort of like a Mikov and without disassembly? If so, is there a source for extra springs just in case? The pic is just for attention. Thanks in advance for all replies.
Attachments
Hubertus_zpse2daf006.jpg
Hubertus_zpse2daf006.jpg (66.41 KiB) Viewed 3738 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Small Hubertus Spring Replacement

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Most of the later Hubertus models have springs that can be replaced by the user. Springs are available.
That said, if it breaks, you can send it to me and I'll make a custom spring that should last a VERY long time.
Factory springs can "walk" forward, out of their slot. When this happens, the knife can fail to open properly, and/or can break the backspring.
If you notice your back spring sitting proud with the knife closed-this is likely the cause. Re-seat your spring immediately.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Pima Pants

Post by Pima Pants »

Thank you, Bill. I knew I could count on your expert opinion. I appreciate the advice.

Ken
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

[img][img]https://i.imgur.com/s9m3Fxr.jpg?2[/img]
s9m3Fxr.jpg
s9m3Fxr.jpg (18.3 KiB) Viewed 3566 times
[/img]ABOUT how much would you charge to replace the spring on a hubertus guardian "i think i even the correct spring"------oh and btw you brought up the subject of counterfeit hubies ,well i got a gen u ine fake hubie,a buddy picked it up im s.e. asia but it's red for sure