Knife Liners

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jeffinn

Knife Liners

Post by Jeffinn »

Good Morning!
I disassembled a damaged switchblade a few days ago. I noticed that that the liner that has the switch on it is different than that other one (there are no bolster "wings" on it). Seems like the liners should be the same. Should I make a new liner? Or is this somewhat normal?
(Sorry for the image size, I haven't been able to get it to resize in Imgur, I'll have to start resizing them before I upload)
Thanks.
Tom19176

Re: Knife Liners

Post by Tom19176 »

The front one is "missing" the solid wings the back one has because you need the front one to be able to move so you can release the blade from the locked open position......If there were solid ones on the front also you could not move the bolster to release the blade from the pin lock. The old pick locks had solid on front and back but the front bolster did not swivel on those....
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Jeffinn

Post by Jeffinn »

Ah, got it. Makes perfect sense. Thanks!