Rough Rider Barlow knives.

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wazu013

Re: Rough Rider Barlow knives.

Post by wazu013 »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:Were the original scales on the Barlow knives wood, or were they made from "saw-cut bone"?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Here ya go.
http://barlow-knives.com/history.htm
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Nice USA Barlows! The Rough Riders are mostly made in China these days Bill....I have some of their Sod or Dirt buster models as work around the garden knives and they are fairly well made for $10.....
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

the rough rider cost about $1.50 wholesale.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Not the Barlow model, but I'm still daily carrying this little Rough Rider since getting it in December. Thing is holding up well to light daily use and keeping a good edge. I have buffed it up on the wheel a couple times to remove scratches and nicks from my keys and coins etc.
Little guy cuts tie wraps, strips wire, and has a needle enough point to remove about a half dozen splinters (so far)....This is my first and only Rough Rider, but I'm liking it...
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I was looking at that knife on the Internet. It's a small version of the Puma and/or Italian knives. I like the style. The size is attractive.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Cute little bigger!
2024 candidate for president