Blade stuck out a lot when closed

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
gravknife

Re: Blade stuck out a lot when closed

Post by gravknife »

The sear seats well now Bill, and clicks back into place when opening and closing,there is less of the sear exposed,and it feels less loose it'seems nicely seated in both the open and closed position.

,The knife flicked open twice running but I won't try it again until I hear from you.

Forgive my poor description,
Is this correct and can I do anything else?
Thankyou.
Ian
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Grease the sear hole with lithium automotive grease.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Bill your a master.
I had cleaned all old grease and debris when it first arrived,
I put some in the sear hole, and a bit on the tang, and although not super fast it opens with a nice click:)much better than previous openings. .
I am however going to put it away and see about fixing it in the future.
Although it's not the best blade in the world, I've become attached to it,I like the scales, and it's got character.
Thanks for your time and patience Bill , your a good person to know.
Take care.
Regards Ian
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Is this a notorious issue with Hubertus lever-locks? As I have 2 that are in great condition but just the very tip of the blade peaks on both. If it were to be carried (which I don't), the tip of that blade (especially the point of the Guardian) will bite you every time!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Try doing what I suggested above.
If it doesn't work, let me know.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.