Are you tired of the stigma attached to "switchblade"?

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TRYKER

Re: Are you tired of the stigma attached to "switchblade"?

Post by TRYKER »

daddyloko wrote:Fellas, don't you think someone needs to do a serious video documentary of the master custom knife builders of the Switchblade community? I think video production would be less costlier than being published in a book. DVD and digital download can be easier to promote and be marketed at various venues. People really need to see the talents, labors and masterpieces that makes our hobby so cherishable and desireable. Maybe then, the stigma of the "evil" Switchblade can be put to rest. After all, If marijuana can be made legal and recreational, why not switchblades...
maybe they should do some build off's like the biker build off's on the discovery channel ???
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

A "Build-Off" is an excellent idea 8)
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

A Build-Off! Definitely. The ground work for that can be started right here. Open to all, even our production makers.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Bill DeShivs wrote:...Automatic knives are commonly sold in many states that have restrictions.
Very true. The famous Bradbury Building In downtown Los Angeles is the home of the LAPD Internal Affairs Division. Lots of cops going in and out of the place. Until it moved right next door, Ross Cutlery was also a tenant, and they had and have a wide variety of automatic knives. They are also not hard to find in San Francisco of all places.
john

Post by john »

In the simplest terms: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

Leagal in Indiana now but seldom seen for sale except in gun shops.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

So many people think that automatic knives are "evil" and live in a "fantasy land". Controls do nothing but disarm a populace.

It is a fundamental concept that the "sheeple" can't comprehend.
Fishtail Picklock
Rave

Post by Rave »

It's true that a lot of states are making switch blades legal,even Tennessee did it recently and bowies are still illegal.
Now if the fed would just lift the interstate shipping and transportation ban things would really shape up for knife fans. :)
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

I really don't care what they think about switchblades
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
Fishtail Picklock

the Feds don't think. They're on "auto pilot" for the most part. (Look at the 'Bern' and 'Hilldog'). :roll:
Fishtail Picklock
Rave

Post by Rave »

Auto pilot,a perfect description of the fed concerning switchblades and other weapons of mass destruction! :roll: :roll:
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

Rave wrote:Auto pilot,a perfect description of the fed concerning switchblades and other weapons of mass destruction! :roll: :roll:
do you mean'' weapons of mass restriction'' ???

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

My guy at the gun shop I frequent told me none of his distributors carry them. My guess is the interstate transfer laws but I could be wrong. Still they aren't that hard to get when you know where to look, as most of us here do! I can open up a folder quicker than I can a switchblade, must be the forbidden fruit thing I guess.
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

People have been brainwashed for almost 58 years now. The "Rebel Without A Cause" has become "Rebel Without A Clue". Sweet Mary Joseph and the Shepherds have been led astray so far that they can't figure out why the laws exist. "They're illegal, that's why"! Damned "sheeple"!

Idiots.
Fishtail Picklock
Greek stiletto

Post by Greek stiletto »

I just saw the title...here in Greece all kind of switchblades are TOTALLY band anything with mechanism or fast opening system and some kinds of one hand opening is all banned..the italian stilettos or otf hmmm don't even think about it...if a law officer find it even on your house then get ready for court...here is very bad for knife rights...all the people has the same image in their minds u have a knife u r criminal u have a stiletto or any knife that sounds click then u r a gang member,thief etc....unfortunately.