Blues Deluxe

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Blues Deluxe

Post by Viking45 »

Bill I am not much of a guitar player or bass for that matter.
However I thought you might like this- Bought this Blues Deluxe amp from Martin Music in Memphis.
It is a "Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue Smoky Tweed" Only 300 made and it has the leather handle and Jensen P12Q speaker upgrade.
It is made exactly like the old 50's amps,all tube and let me tell you,the old Jensen speaker there is zero hum and it sounds like a crystal bell.
Never in my life have I heard an amp so sweet,so smooth. The best thing? I got it from a music shop in Memphis. Mr. Martin is a jewel.
He told me he wants me to visit him this spring and try some Memphis BBQ. He says he is a judge and likes "Payne's BBQ"
Love your opinion. By the way I sold many of my favorite knives to get this guitar and amp but none of my customs by Bill or StrayDog. :idea:
Showing off my Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster. (Sun was too bright,you can't see the pearl scratch guard and beautiful wood grain in the maple neck)

(Right click the photo and hit "view pic" and you can see a larger photo)
Fender_00.jpg
Fender_00.jpg (393.68 KiB) Viewed 8034 times
Fender_01.jpg
Fender_01.jpg (431.39 KiB) Viewed 8034 times
Fender_02.jpg
Fender_02.jpg (543.93 KiB) Viewed 8034 times
Fender_04.jpg
Fender_04.jpg (517 KiB) Viewed 8034 times
Fender_05.jpg
Fender_05.jpg (309.2 KiB) Viewed 8034 times
Fender_06.jpg
Fender_06.jpg (438.44 KiB) Viewed 8034 times
Fender_07.jpg
Fender_07.jpg (444.06 KiB) Viewed 8033 times
Attachments
Fender_03.jpg
Fender_03.jpg (225.04 KiB) Viewed 8034 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Blues Deluxe

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Neat rig! I have never been to Martin's Music, though I know where it is. I don't do much business with music stores. Mostly Internet. I think I have 10 basses now!
Re: Memphis BBQ
I have heard of Payne's but never tasted it. You should also check out the Barbecue Shop on Madison, and any of the Tops barbecue shops around town.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

10 Basses? Dang Bill why haven't we talked bass?
I knew you had a P but never knew you were a collector.
Please tell me about your stuff. Amps etc
Hell I have a cherry 1984 Peavey Foundation. :oops:
Love Fender basses. In the late 50's through the 60's/70's you played guitar or you played a "Fender" (bass)
They just called it the "Fender" if you played bass.

Cheers brother. 8)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I play Ibanez basses on stage for the most part. Main bass is a SDGR 1200, with 2 RB888 "mini" or "bean" Roadstar basses, 2 Cort violin basses:1 sunburst and 1 black, Fender Squier P/J, Japanese Pbass copy that's nicer than a Fender, Hofner "Shorty", an Aria 1960s violin bass.
I have a Hartke 500 watt amp, a Peavy Mk 4 amp, and a TC Electronic 250w 4lb. amp.
Custom built 1-15" "TL" cabinet with EV speaker, SWR 2 X 10" cabinet, custom built 2 X 10" cabinet. All mix and match.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Holy Sh*t Bill. Dr. Bass INC!

Yeah your eveyrday guy has a Hartke 500 amp. I'm guessing yours has the aluminum drivers?(don't answer that) :lol:

Seeing another side of the "Bill" now.
God Bless you brother,I love this bass business. Love Ibanaez but Cort? Wow!

In my opinion Bill the Peavey bass amps are much cleaner and better sounding while keeping your tone than the Fenders.
Not knocking Fender bass amps but Peavey really knocked the bass amp world for a loop with their latest stuff.
(Just my personal opinion)

Carver would be my choice if I had lots of money.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

No Hartke cabinet-just the amp. 4 X 10" cabinets are too heavy. My 15" cabinet will do almost anything the 4 X 10" will do. If I need more, I can add the 10" cabinets.
Here's one of the Ibanezes and one of the Corts.
Attachments
IMG_2954.JPG
IMG_2954.JPG (36.78 KiB) Viewed 8025 times
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Bill.... you are just too cool my friend.
That Hofner is cool but the Ibanez kicks *ss!

No offense,I'm just into your gear and that Ibanez kicks serious butt and your stack is bad-a*ss.
Sorry about the huge pics but here's my 1984 Peavey Foundation and my Jackson before and after the mods.
The Jackson before and after the overhaul. (Right click and hit "View Image")

Everything is changed but for your info the Floyd Rose "Licensed" tremolo (made in Korea) is/was replaced with a real German-made unit with solid brass fine tuners and a huge solid brass block. The sustain is forever :wink:
Attachments
Jacky.jpg
Jacky.jpg (535.18 KiB) Viewed 8024 times
Jackson_00.JPG
Jackson_00.JPG (4.62 MiB) Viewed 8024 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Great guitar.
The violin bass is a Cort. Lucite body.
The amp in the picture is the TC Electronic 250 watt. It weighs 4 Lbs! The cabinet is just a 12" practice cabinet.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I had heard sometime you were a musician.
You really caught myself and others off guard.

What a cool thing to know about one of the most awe-inspiring guy's here on the forum.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Thanks!
Attachments
10498053_461554530614768_6000715933039443242_o.jpg
10498053_461554530614768_6000715933039443242_o.jpg (211.05 KiB) Viewed 8015 times
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Lady's and Gentlemen...Bill has left the building.
Filling his slot this evening is newcomer rocker...some guy named Jack..er Johnny something er other....
johnny_cash_80_autre_mag_pas_un_autre-e1374594394703.jpg
johnny_cash_80_autre_mag_pas_un_autre-e1374594394703.jpg (24.35 KiB) Viewed 8008 times
Seeing an Ampeg in the backdrop Bill, must be the drummers :lol:
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I was sitting in at a Blues Society jam. It was the bass player's rig.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Awesome stuff Bill,thanks for sharing this with the forum.
I'm no good on the guitar but I sure enjoy playing.
1stnamebassist

Post by 1stnamebassist »

Well I'm a little late to the post but I'm a newcomer who is also a bass player. My collection consists of a Epiphone Jack Casady, a Classic Vibe Squier Pbass which I added and EMG Geezer Butller pickup, a Fender Tbucket acoustic, a Kala Fretless acoustic Ubass, and my number 1 is my Rickenbacker 4003S. I don't play out anymore because my job hours don't permit at this time so my amps are limited to a Carvin MB15/15 which is a great lightweight setup and a new Fender Rumble 40. Nice to meet fellow low end lovers! My username comes from another forum I frequent quite a bit.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Hi! I'm up to 16 basses now!
New Ashdown 400 watt head, 2 Eden 1-12" cabinets (stacked.)
Got rid of the SWR cabinet (too heavy.)