Rizzuto Replacement Kick Spring

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
johnnyswitchblade

Rizzuto Replacement Kick Spring

Post by johnnyswitchblade »

Does anyone have a link for a suitable replacement spring for an 11" Rizzuto? Appears to be the sex pin type. Mine spring isn't broken but seems a bit weak. Since I'm restoring the knife and cutting new liners and such I figured I'd replace it as well. Would I be better to tweak it outboard a bit? Should I just clean it and stick it back in? Here are some pics.
Attachments
rizzo3.jpeg
rizzo3.jpeg (44.93 KiB) Viewed 5041 times
rizzo2.jpeg
rizzo2.jpeg (44.04 KiB) Viewed 5041 times
rizzo1.jpeg
rizzo1.jpeg (46.44 KiB) Viewed 5041 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Rizzuto Replacement Kick Spring

Post by Bill DeShivs »

You don't need a spring. Your liners are bent inward, causing friction on the spring.
The springs are the best part of a Rizzuto.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
johnnyswitchblade

Re: Rizzuto Replacement Kick Spring

Post by johnnyswitchblade »

Yeah I noticed the bent liners and back spring. I'm cutting new ones and straightening the back spring. I'll take your advice and keep the spring. I'll post pics in a few weeks when it's finished. Thanks, Bill.