MY SHY LEVERLETTO

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Luvitt

MY SHY LEVERLETTO

Post by Luvitt »

Bill, I am the end trying to figure out why my leverletto wont open alL the way. I have tried every oil, grease, and cleaner. The list is as follows: OIL or stuff like it: 3 IN 1, graphite lock oil, turbine oil, PTFE oil, silicone, Dry Lube, garage door oil, Break Free, penetrating oil, Coon Pee knife oil, GREASE: white grease, bearing grease, Coon Pea knife grease CLEANING AGENTS WD-40, brake cleaner, engine degreaser, electronics cleaner. It will work maybe 1 out of ten, I have let it dry in clean state, and let it dry with various slick stuffs in it.

Clean, slick, or greasy ---makes no dif

Nothing seems to help. What's wrong here?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: MY SHY LEVERLETTO

Post by Bill DeShivs »

It could be any of a number of things.
Try this: using the TIP of your thumb, depress the lever fully and quickly-while holding the handle firmly. You can't "soft thumb" a lever lock.
If this doesn't work, I can fix it.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Luvitt

Re: MY SHY LEVERLETTO

Post by Luvitt »

Ive tried every kind of open I can come up with and sometimes it works but mostly no. If i sling to the right it helps, but the blade just doesnt want to go past the 10 am position almost always.

I will contact you from your website with an email/