snapped bargeon spring

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
slw

snapped bargeon spring

Post by slw »

Hi Bill,everyone else.can you tell me if this is the end for this little ol' knife or can it be repaired?its bo/bc,70's ish,7"long.basically I need to know if the spring is removable,without me pulling it apart(which doesnt look easy!). Thanks, Steve.
Junk?
Junk?
rps20141215_173434_100.jpg (107.45 KiB) Viewed 4447 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: snapped bargeon spring

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Yes, the spring is replaceable.
These are pretty easy to work on. You have to remove the blade pin and rear pin. The backspring is pinned under the scales. When reassembling, pin the backspring, then the blade, then use a shim in a vise to push the backspring into place to allow you to insert the rear pin.
Or, I can do it for you.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
slw

Re: snapped bargeon spring

Post by slw »

Thanks for the reply bill.good to know it can be fixed.i'd like to send it to you but i'm quite far away.anyway,i'll possibly have a go myself,in the new year.i'm not in a huge hurry and will have a think.got the box too and i'v decided it deserves repair,it's possibly older than me!
Thanks, Steve.