Can a Sharktooth be converted?

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Can a Sharktooth be converted?

Post by hogwild »

Mr Bill; I have a Cumberland Mountain Buck 110 conversion. Do you know if a Case Sharktooth could be converted to auto? I have had several over the years and I like the design and feel of a Sharktooth much better but would like to look into this conversion. If possible; I will carry this conversation into a PM. Greg
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Can a Sharktooth be converted?

Post by Bill DeShivs »

It can be converted, but I don't do them.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Thanks Mr Bill. I contacted the first recommendation and he is willing to give it a go. I really like the conversions he has started doing. I look forward to this project as the Sharktooth is my favorite working knife. He's gonna work out the bugs on a user and then we'll go with the stag one. Thanks again. Greg
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

I HAD a converted Sharks Tooth Case, the only problem I had was that the steel was 440 and the sear hole got worked over. Nice knife though, rescaled in Ram's Horn, Bob has it now ...
Belmont800
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i seened to remember someone was converting case knives a few years back , but case took them to court. don't remember the outcome.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"