Microtech ? Due Buoi ?

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
OleRod

Microtech ? Due Buoi ?

Post by OleRod »

Bill,

I hope I am not asking an offending question as I greatly value your good will and help.

In prior replies you said you never worked on a Microtech or a Due Buoi. I can sort of understand the Microtech with
their life time warranty (if you can get satisfaction from them), but what is the story on Due Buoi. I am in the process of
waiting for one. :D Are they built so well that they rarely require any attention? Please do not burst my bubble!!!! :shock:

Olerod
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Microtech ? Due Buoi ?

Post by Bill DeShivs »

No one has ever sent one in for repair.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
OleRod

Post by OleRod »

hummmmm .... very interesting......... 8)

Olerod
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

They are too expensive to fire a lot and the wait for a new spring is too long :lol: :lol: :D
Belmont800
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I am sure "ole Bill" could fix any issue these might acquire.
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

Howdy Olerod,
My bet:
You will not have a problem with a Due Buoi forged auto.
You will have a problem with a MT if you're going to use it (hence the warranty).
Either knives are built to be used. But both hold their value when kept in mint condition.
If you're a collector, you probably won't experience any problem with either knife.
But comparing price with quality, I'd say you get A LOT more for your buck with a Due Buoi.
On the otherhand, a Custom T.M. microtech will match Due Buoi on quality. But the same price of one of Tony's custom pieces could fetch you between 4 and 8 Due Buoi forged autos.
I look forward to seeing your Due Buoi once you get it! Please post pics :mrgreen:
all the best,
C.Free
"Everyone is your neighbor."
OleRod

Post by OleRod »

Hi C. Free.

The Microtech Scarab is scheduled for delivery this coming Saturday. I already have 2 Vectors and an Ultratech.

I have already waited 60 days for the Due Buoi and the clock is still ticking. It seems like an eternity but I have heard it is worth it.

I am just a collector who keeps his items in nice clean boxes. ha ha

I think I will be ok. It is more than reassuring to know that Bill is here ready to help. He is amazing!!!

Olerod
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

OleRod wrote: I am just a collector who keeps his items in nice clean boxes.
Mr. OleRod,

Didja perchance order a box with your Due Buoi? They have some really nice walnut boxes for not a lot of money...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?