Guns and Renaissance wax

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
eastcoastsniper

Re: Guns and Renaissance wax

Post by eastcoastsniper »

Vagrant wrote:ANY steel that has got RED hot has suffered damage to the temper :idea:
How serious this is varies a LOT :!: But is NEVER helpful :idea:
After it almost caught on fire...it was never the same.

accuracy was off (Not that it mattered spraying a 75 round drum) and the receiver would pop off the rails . It wasn't a full auto, but I could get it going with bump-fire and empty the drum in seconds. The barrel wasn't made for that kind of abuse.

Back before the 922r, you could pick up new ak's for a hundred bucks or less in quantity. CHEAP entertainment. :D
Markco the Mad otter

Re: Guns and Renaissance wax

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

eastcoastsniper wrote:
Vagrant wrote:ANY steel that has got RED hot has suffered damage to the temper :idea:
How serious this is varies a LOT :!: But is NEVER helpful :idea:
After it almost caught on fire...it was never the same.

accuracy was off (Not that it mattered spraying a 75 round drum) and the receiver would pop off the rails . It wasn't a full auto, but I could get it going with bump-fire and empty the drum in seconds. The barrel wasn't made for that kind of abuse.

Back before the 922r, you could pick up new ak's for a hundred bucks or less in quantity. CHEAP entertainment. :D
True enough.
After shooting 30 rounds through my not real expensive Romanian the barrle smokes a little...run a drum through it....they do get hot. Never had mine red hot though.
They are fun and were real cheap to feed...
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!