Hair Trigger

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Hair Trigger

Post by Bill DeShivs »

JulesVane wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:49 pm
Bill DeShivs wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:25 pm I'm always amused by customizer's claims that safeties were removed for a "clean look."
They either can't replace the safeties or they are too lazy to. Either way, it's pretty much the mark of an amateur.
I totally agree, and also suspect the use of "24K Gold Plated Screws" to replace the traditional brass scale pins falls into the same category.
It does.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Personally I like the stiletto with no safety, think they look better and I'd never carry one so I'm not worried about one going off in my pocket. Eact to their own.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

A switchblade needs a safety.
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

I don't see one on Thom's Contini .
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

There is one on the Contini.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives.