How should the knife open

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bagman

How should the knife open

Post by Bagman »

I recently bought my first switchblade(an italian stilleto.) Should it automatically snap out to the lock position or does it require some wrist action(liking snapping the wrist) for it to go to the lock position. I like the knife and it fits real well in my pocket.

Bagman
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Hi Bagman, welcome.Yes your switch should fire fully open and lock without any wrist assistance,every time.If not send it back as a reject!Automatic means fully automatic!Maybe try some oil. :idea: Cheers the spotlight kid.
majorsteve

Post by majorsteve »

Mr. Bagman

The knife should open with a vicious snap into the full locked position. If it's new it might need to be worked a little bit. Try adding a drop of machine oil into the friction areas and try firing it open about fifty times and see if that helps. Also, hold it firmly and don't let it torque in your hand. If it's still not locking open easily after fifty tries one of the experts on this forum can give you some additional advice. It's probably just new and real tight. Hopefully it will eventually loosen up a bit and be one of those switchblades that has a nice tight blade with no play in it.