We are DOOMED

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

We are DOOMED

Post by missaman »

We just had a snow and Ice storm I got up about 11 am to dig out and what did I see???
I saw the neighbors kids trying to dig out their dads suv in the driveway.
First they dug out the snow around the suv then decided to clean off the suv dumping snow and ice where they had just dug out :roll:
We had Ice then snow then ice then snow. this poor guy sent four teenage boys to clean his suv but maybe not with the best directions available. I watched as his four boys beat the hell out of his suv with snow shovels to knock off the ice :shock: while I was enjoying this sight my G/F daughter came out the door to take herself and the boyfriend to Burger king for lunch....
We live on a hill and the daughter pretty much burned the front tires off her car car trying to go uphill...
She axed me if she could borrow my shovel. I said here is an :idea:
Why not try to back out down hill and let gravity help you out. WOW it worked...
I think we are all doomed. are all kids upidstay? at this rate we will be extinct in a few generations...
and yes she cleaned her car off with a shovel too
Missa :lol:
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

:lol: seen it myself many times.

one of my favorites , is when an idiot buys lock de-icer for days like today ,then stores it in the glove box. :idea:
fulci lives

Post by fulci lives »

I almost bought it before to put in my car. :lol: Then I realized how the hell will I get into the car to get the de-icer out. :lol: My hair is blonde.
Fight war not wars!
Razor Kitten

Post by Razor Kitten »

Missaman I also think we are doomed to be extinct soon. I work in a high school and watch the stupidity daily. And they just get dumber every year....Although I have read some interesting stuff about the part of a teenagers brain that makes decisions is not fully developed until their mid twenties....kinda scary to think back at some of the stuff we did...amazing I am alive to remember. I do so regret some of that stuff because the "mothers curse" ( Just wait till you have kids) is now biting me in the ass.
~Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult~
butch

Post by butch »

my kids try that every time they grab the shovel to clean the snow off of my van :roll: I hand them a brush and Ice scaper and they look at me like "what the hell am I gonna do with these?!" :shock:
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

yup were doomed, but i'm thinkin there lack of brain power might be a direct result of massive amounts of digested drugs during the '60's & '70's or disco music.

tryker
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Probably, many of us surrvived psychoactive substances :wink:
Must be the DISCO that did it :idea:
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I'm used to snow and ice and I "Do" use a plastic shovel to remove the majority of the snow off my truck and car. You would be there all day with one of those chincy ass snow scraper/brush things. :wink: But than I don't drive a brand new 30 thousand dollar vehicle that I'm worrying about putting a scratch in either.
Dances with Emus

Post by Dances with Emus »

Hmmm, would something like a Garage (enclosed section of house designed to house a vehicle fully and securely, as opposed to a carport which is open to the elements and really only provides a roof over said vehicle) be a good idea to have added on to peoples houses?! Or maybe I should have kept my mouth shut and made my millions selling to silly American homeowners a bright new idea that had not been thought of! :lol: No offence meant of coarse. It's just that it is fairly standard to have a 'Garage', as we call them, as standard with most houses'.
Mine also doubles as my knifemaking shed/workshop.
'Such is Life'
Mick
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Garage? That's where the lawn mower, rototiller, boat, motorcycle, work shop, freezer, bicycles, lawn ornaments, tool boxes, etc. etc.....Never fit a car in there. :lol:
Dick Carroll

Post by Dick Carroll »

whippersnapper wrote:Garage? That's where the lawn mower, rototiller, boat, motorcycle, work shop, freezer, bicycles, lawn ornaments, tool boxes, etc. etc.....Never fit a car in there. :lol:
Not that I'm worried about snow fall here in Florida but even if I did, the trucks and cars still sit outside. Have a barn bigger than the house, but like Terry said, with the 3 motorcyles, lawn mowers, tools and gadgets of all sizes and a whole bunch of stuff my friends and relatives have me store for them, there's just not enough room. Even the boats stay outside, the biggest thing to remember there is to pull the plug so the rain doesn't get so heavy that the trailer springs break under the load. I guess if not for that discovery about the broken springs, there would be fewer knives floating around in the world today......heheh. I actually have an ice scraper, but can't remember why?/?
All who enter here bring happiness, some by staying, some by leaving...
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Missaman,

Tis a sad state of affairs. A few weeks ago, my daughters boyfriend backed into Mrs. Bonzo's rice rocket, broadside. Nice little dent in the quarterpanel that would take about 5 gallons of bondo to fill.

Too fucking stupid to look over his shoulder to see where he was going. For his self pennance, he laid in the snow for an hour.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
collectall

Post by collectall »

he was proply trying to sober up and he thought laying in the snow for an hour would do it.. :wink:
collectall
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Around here, laying in the snow is equivalent to capital punishment. "You will henceforth be taken to a place of execution, and be made to lay around in the snow.... until cheerful".

Having just shoveled the drift the plows made at the end of my driveway, after a hard day's work, for about an hour and a quarter, before I could even walk in the door and have a nice cup of tea, an observation, or maybe a realization, occurred to me: where are all the local kids who used to make a few bucks shoveling driveways? When I was young, before steam was invented, we made some spending money (never mind what we spent it on) by one or more of the following; mowing lawns, shoveling driveways, washing cars, pitching pennies (or nymphomaniacs), and a paper route. Oh, and stealing.

It's probably been 20 years or more since some waifs have rung the doorbell and asked if they could shovel the driveway for 10 bucks, or mow the lawn. What ever happened to enterprising young Americans not old enough for "working papers"?

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tom,

Outstanding point. I grew up in Md. where we had some snow, but nothing like up your way. When I was a teenager and it did snow, the first thing my friends and I did was to go shoveling. It was like cutting grass in the Summer. We could earn the equivalent of about 5 hours pay at our part-time high school kid wage job in less than an hour. Plus, we had fun doing it together, throwing snow around and acting like the kids we were. Then we went home tired and happy and had what was to us a fat wallet.

Jim