had a good sandwich the other day.........

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

had a good sandwich the other day.........

Post by mrbigg »

this "off topic" area is getting a bit too heavy with all this depressing talk of war and death and P.O.W.'s - so i thought i'd tell you about my favorite sandwich!

first start off with two lightly toasted slabs of bread (your choice, but i like white), then add a generous layer of "best foods" mayo to one side, and a tightly squeezed spiral of mustard to the other side. add lettuce, corn beef, and thinly sliced pickles to the "mayo" side, while piling thickly sliced tomato, and a slab of havarti to the other. now, gently grab both sides of this baby, and squish them together, until it's a good working thickness. add a bowl of cream of mushroom soup on the side and you are now ready to enjoy one of "mrbigg's" personal favorite snacks!

enjoy! :D

ps: don't forget to use a sharp knife to cut your sandwich!
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Bigg,

That sounds absolutely wonderful......I am salivating as I type this..... am fresh out of Havarti though...but will most definately make a note of your recipe for what promises to be a most delightful snack.

Best wishes
Teddy

ps. I too found the mini-epic highly watchable....if you should decide to part company with the 15....I would be most interested.
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

TEDDY - THIS RECIPE MAY HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY OVER INDULGANCE IN CERTAIN HERBS (IN THE KITCHEN :wink: )

PS: I USE "FRENCHES" MUSTARD! :shock:

oh, man if i'm talkin with you then i should be in bed!
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Bigg,

Worry not....the "French's" mustard is made in New Jersey. :wink: ....and while the inspiration for your mouth-watering snack may well have been "herb-induced" it nevertheless sounds most palatable.

Best wishes
Teddy
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Peanut butter and bacon. On toasted wheat bread. You'll laugh until you try it. Enough calories to let you skip lunch if you have it for breakfast.

Now for my favorite.

Post by 666 »

Ok...Here's one of my favorite hero's....

Get some lightly toasted bread...I like seeded Italian, about half a loaf. On both halves of the bread, spread some un-salted whipped butter. Fry up a good amount of thinly sliced Italian salami, and add it to one half of the bread. Next, beat a few eggs and start to fry it up. When you turn the eggs over, add your favorite cheese (I like Provolone), until it melts. Now add this to your hero, a little pepper, and your ready.
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

666 - mmmmmmmmmmmm................ :D

mr vagrant - :lol: maybe i can get my preggers wife to try the PB n bacon! :shock:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

For more traditional tastes [sort of] Stir fry the following;
Shaved steak, onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, your choice of hot-peppers, in Worcestershire sauce] or A-1 sauce and serve in a Sub, Hogie,
Hero, torpedo, etc. roll or spoon over rice.
BUT try the peanut butter and bacon it's delicious, besides if you don't like it you can give it to a dog and watch it try to get the peanut butter off the roof of it's mouth. [Very low-level and humane animal abuse and rather funny].
Fritz

sandwiches

Post by Fritz »

Mr Bigg,

I didn't know that movie stars made their own sandwiches :!: :oops:

Oh and, nice film by the way 8)

Post by 666 »

Mr. vagrant...

One of my favorite "low-level and humane animal abuses" is to put a small amount of peanut butter on top of the dogs nose. They slap themselves silly with their tonque.... :twisted:
Last edited by 666 on Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Just put it in their bowl and they'll do the rest, usually.
mrbigg

Re: sandwiches

Post by mrbigg »

Fritz wrote:Mr Bigg,

I didn't know that movie stars made their own sandwiches :!: :oops:
Oh and, nice film by the way 8)
who said anything about making it myself! naturally i had my staff of caterers prepare it, and several well endowed groupies/nymphs to feed it to me! :D
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

mrbigg wrote: who said anything about making it myself! naturally i had my staff of caterers prepare it, and several well endowed groupies/nymphs to feed it to me! :D

Sounds good, as long as these groupie/nymphs don't carry Buck knives, and have X's carved on their foreheads. :twisted:
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

Sounds good, as long as these groupie/nymphs don't carry Buck knives, and have X's carved on their foreheads. :twisted:
uh oh, you've just described my wife :shock: do you know her?
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Put me down for an Italian Hoagie from Philly.