Shooting P.O.W.s

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Shooting P.O.W.s

Post by Vagrant »

It appears the Iraqis are shooting P.O.W.s I say we take NO prisoners and kill every Iraqi in their entire military. Give them an unfair trial and bull-doze them into a ditch. [Alive or dead it doesn't matter if the ditch is deep enough]. For once let's get REVENGE instead of justice [why the hell do we always have this obbsession with justice]? I'll be glad to be on the firing squad, in fact I'll even buy my own ammo. I have several thousand rounds already that should be enough to do my part. If I run out of ammo a 17" Stiletto should work nicely. [A 5 1/2" will do, it just takes a while but I have three weeks of vacation time saved up, that I'll donate to help out].
Raffle off an Iraqi to any American that wants to shoot [or stab] one.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

SD
Last edited by stepdaddy on Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

That's why I have problems with my inter-personal skills, I treat people the way they treat me. Sometimes they have a problem with this concept.
In this case we are NOT dealing with normal human beings [in fact you can debate if they are human at all] so we can dispense with normal behavior and teach the bastards a lesson. If they won't abide by any code of civilized behavior let's "lower" our standards and treat them by their standards. At the very least those involved in atrocities should face the firing squad, and the argument [under our laws] could be made their entire unit should suffer tthe same fate. [Aiding and abetting is illegal and we have executed common criminals,who helped murderers, for doing it at times].
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

This is a war their is no "Justice", the pentagon is going and on about the fact Iraq violated the Geneva Convention... WHO THE FUCK CARES?! Isn't executing enemy soliders called war-crimes (espically when they were engineers not infantry!), but you never get tried if you win now do you?

It's war, you think either side is not going to torture to get info? Or interview them? PLEASE... personally I agree with Vagrant, but I think every Iraqi solider who doesn't surrender within the next week should be executed if caught!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

but you never get tried if you win now do you?
I have no problem with us using a nuke or two to end WW-2 but we actually killed more people with incendiaries and that I think is awfully close to a "war crime", their only purpose was to kill the maximum number of civilians.
If the winners got tried, Dresden would have been reason for a major war crime trial.
It was another case of targeting civilians.
J-Man's idea of a time limit has historic support, the defenders of the Alamo were given a chance to surrender or face "no quarter". That battle had NO [none, zip, zero] military significance but did enter our national psyche as a unifying factor that remains to this day.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Vagrant,

Santa Ana gave the boys in San Antonio a fair chance. The boys resisted, and were stomped (until Sam Houston had his way). GW gave Saddam a more than fair chance. They are being stomped. War sucks, plain and simple. I just thank God my forefathers did the fighting, so I didn't have to. I was a little too young for Vietnam, and not wanted by Uncle Sam when I wanted to join in the late 70's. Oh well. For the USA to go in and play the Saddam game will be playing right into their hands. Thats what they are hoping for, as they know they have lost this thing before it even started. The key to this whole thing is not let the UN dictate the terms of surrender, which is what Saddam, if still alive, really wants, since the UN has been the bastards best friend since we thumped him in Kuwait.

I do however, feel your anger.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
wendigo

Post by wendigo »

Davey Crockett and his Kentucky Irregulars did surrender under the understanding that they would be spared. Santa Anna broke the deal and ordered the death of Davey and his Irregulars. Several Mexican officers refused to participate (Honorable Mexicans, a rare breed). Davey and his Irregulars didn't stand a chance. Many where hacked to death.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

what ever happened to "all's fair in love and war"? or is that rule only applied selectively?

how can you threaten iraqi's with "war crimes" when the majority of the citizens of earth see the war itself as a crime?

don't get me wrong - i'm all for getting rid of saddam, and i'm very sorry that some US personel were captured and killed, but no one believes that the US plays by the rules 100% - it's war for fu*k sakes! is bush saying that if the iraqis shoot back - they are war criminals?!?!?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

There have been some stories [rumors?] of POWs being shot. [Local radio has backed off some on the accusation] but if true that should change the rules we play by. Also more stories of Iraqis approching under a white flag and then firing. Maybe we shouldn't over-react but if the stories are true we SHOULD react.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

hey - in war it's kill or be killed - i don't see any crime in that!

i wouldn't put any dirty tricks past the iraqis - they are a desperate bunch with nothing to lose - even life itself seem to have little value.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

I feel the same pain and anger about the treatment of American POW's.
yes it is war but even war has it's rules. Rules and order and authority are what seperate them from us. As most of the world is watching us closely because we invaded thier country I feel we have a code of ethics we must follow. Yes it is war but that isn't an excuse to act as savages. The whole reason for this war (besides what ever special intrest you believe) is to remove a tyrant that has treated his countrymen less than human. If we start the same we have proven the rest of the world right, and would further damage any kind of relations we have with American friendly nations in the middle east. Like it or not this is a whole new world with a global economy and we have to deal with other nations.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

It sickens me to hear that these turbin jockeys are shooting POW's and using women and children as human shields. I say kill them all and let God sort them out.
Also ashamed that our Prime Minister has no balls to offer support to our fellow Americans. We all should stand together against terrorism.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

We might as well "go there" they have no fear of "coming here" to attack
civilian targets. Despite my toleration of most religeons it appears more and more that Islam does not have many common values with civilized cultures. How many terrorist acts have Buddists, Jews, Christians, Shintos,
Atheists, Cargo cultists, Druids, or Pagans been involved with in the past decade or two? {Prosecution rests your Honor}.
beartrap

Post by beartrap »

First let me say that I hate Saddam, and all that he stands for!!! It sickens me to see that our POWs are being shot and torchered. I myself am a Navy veterian, joined back in 1979 when all the Iran shit was going on. I may have never been in battle but I know the dedication and pride in serving my country, and anyone who dawns the uniform must have the willingness to lay down their life for the country and there follow brothers in arms.

Now everyone seems to agree that war sucks, and it does!! Alot of inaccent people die, women, children, but then thats just part of war, it isn't suppost to be pritty. I don't mean to sound insencitive, its just thats the way it is!! Now, I'm not taking the people of Iraq side, just looking at it from there point of view, they only know what Saddam tells them in the Iraqy media, so of course they're going to fight. They think, and have been told that we are there to take over they're country. I think to myself, what would we do if the shoe was on the other foot, and our country was just invaided by 500,000 Iraqies and they brought tanks, missles, helocopters, ect..., Not only would we not fight fair, but we would all take up our personal arms against them!!!

Like I said, it makes me sick to see our people being treated inhumanly, and I know that if the shoe was on the other foot we wouldn't play fair eather. But thats War, its not a neat ,clean pritty little package. It's nasty, bloody, and always unfair. "AND I HOPE WE KICK SADDAMS SORRY ASS !!!!

Beartrap 8)
Stay sharp and you'll always have the edge!!!
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

i don't think the country of iraq is worth one American or British soldiers life. those poeople have been fighting each other forever in the name of allah or whoever. they call Americans the great satan! what pisses me off the most is that our soldiers have to get permision to return fire if fired opon by civilians, our soldies are runnng around with no mags. in their weapons! after this is all over our sodiers will be in that country protecting them from neighboring countries, getting killed by children and women on suicide missions in the name of religion! if they want to sacrifice themselves we should help them out! anyone firing on a soldier should be shot reguardless od sex or age. a child or woman can kill just as easily as a man with an ak47
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!