Ripoff travel insurance.com

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
the spotlight kid

Ripoff travel insurance.com

Post by the spotlight kid »

This will make you laugh,I've just been getting quotes for travel insurance for a cheap weeks holiday in Spain.Bearing in mind I live in the U.K. and have a heart condition that has actually improved with medication over the last 4 years the cheapest quote I can get is £147.00 .I had another quote for £228.00.The cost for a HEALTHY person is JUST £12.00.So I thought whilst I was at it I would try some other destinations,only to be bemused that I could visit Albania and Italy for £108.00 and Mexico,China,Antartica(that would do my Angina the world of good,NOT) :lol: or Kuwait and even War Torn Iraq for £134.00.So why is it that Spain,which has probably the best Health service in Europe and is a one and a half hours flight from me costs £147.00 the exact same price as a weeks insurance in AUSTRALIA!!! :? :evil: It's a F***ING JOKE!Having regular health checks and being on medication,I am far less likely to have a heart attack than the run of the mill stressed out tourist sitting next to me on the plane!By the way, the flight and hotel in Spain comes to £150.00. :lol: Cheers,I just had to let off a bit of steam there,the spotlight kid. 8) P.S. U.S.A. costs £268.00
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

What about Canada?!
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Alas J-man,it's the same as the States £268.00. What I can't get to grips with is why is Spain the same price as Australia which is 22 hours longer flying time for them to get me home if I get ill?Also as part of the E.U. why should I need medical insurance for traveling in Europe anyway.They don't need it here! I think it SUCKS! :roll: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

hey spotlight kid!

268 quid might sound cheap to the americans, where you have to re-mortgage your home to fix an ingrown toenail! :lol: (no waiting list though!)

can't you just not mention your health issues??
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Mr. Bigg, I thought a little while back you complained about your hemroids?
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

used a 15" stiletto to take care of them :D
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

spotlight,

Just take some extra vitamin C and jump on the plane. What's the worst that can happen? Easy for me to say, huh?

The Falcon
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."