Hubertus

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Hubertus

Post by J-man »

Hey tiny I would seriously reccomend getting some Hubertus knives up, I have my heart set on a Hubertus Mini Hunter right now, PVK has them for about $85.00 each, Maybe you could get em' for less.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Tiny,

Some with the 2 blades and ones with the blade and the saw would be good too.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tiny,

Please...we "need" a good domestic source of Hubertus autos.
cary

Post by cary »

I would secound that on a domestic supplyer we really need someone that could supply Hubys for less money and with no chance of them getting lost in the mail.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

No argument here.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Vagrant,

I certainly feel your pain Bro. Hey, just got a few 9" imitation stags in, and you are right, one hell of a bargain for the price.

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
tiny

Post by tiny »

Damn, I feel like I'm married again! Anyway, got the Hubie's in.
Also got some real cool looking Damascus Blade Fish models, as well as some with Cocobolo handles in.....

8)
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Tiny, You are the man and THANK YOU for the great service you provide to all of us switchblade addicts. Love the site too...it seems I have to look at it like 10 times a day. Keep those great blades coming.

Roccomo
Zack

Post by Zack »

Gentlemen:
As I write this, there is a Small Drop Point Hubertus winding its way toward me from the far reaches of this continent... So, I gotta ask... I have an idea what to expect, but I've never handled one. Anybody have any details? Opinions, maybe?
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Zack,

I have a few Hubertus. I like mine. I have handled one of the 8cm ones, if that is what you are referring to as a mini hunter, cute, but blade too small for me. I have one of the clip point 10cm ones, blade 3" I think, and I like that one. I also have quite a few 11 cm ones, including the multiblades.

All the Hubertus knives I have bought were terribly dull new, but were easy to keep and maintain an edge once you put one on.

A lot of times there is grit in the knife that will keep the tab you push from staying up against the bolster when folded. It will also stop your blade halfway. I think it is good to try to wash all that stuff out with WD 40 or something.

I have had a couple of defective ones that the tab wouldn't stay against the bolster even after the cleaning, but overall they are probably my favorite switchblades. The lockup is tight, especially considering they are kind of handmade.They are just really beautiful With the nickel silver bolsters, brass liners,and stag.

If you like your little one I would highly reccomend buying bigger ones.
Zack

Post by Zack »

Dweller,
Ok, so I didn't have as much an idea what to expect as I thought... Seriously, thanks for the info...

Zack.
Zack

Post by Zack »

Dweller,

Again, thanks for the info and advice. Just got my tiny Hubie and I am impressed. That little mugg came out of the box clean, solid, and snappy. I like that. It's one cool little dude... When the opportunity arises, I'm gonna have to get a hold of a couple of the bigger ones.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Zack,

I am now holding a Hubie lever with a 3" clip-point blade, thanks in part to our friend Tiny. It is obvious that breaking this one in will be like breaking in a new girlfriend, if you get my gist. Thanks Tiny.

Best Regards,

Bonz
Zack

Post by Zack »

Mr. Bonz,

The one I got from our mutual friend has a 2.5" blade. You'll have to forgive me here, because I'm not up on the nomencature. It was called a "Drop Point". Is that the same as a "Clip Point"? The other sixer he had was called a "Standard Blade" and didn't have bolsters on its butt. The overall quality of this little dude is amazing...
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Zack,

My uneducated guess is that they are the same, or close to it. No big deal, I just like to play with them, I mean, I'm the Doofus, right? :P

Best Regards,

Bonz