Hubertus

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Zack

Post by Zack »

Mister Emeritus,

You're absolutely right. New wives... Great springers... When it comes to playing with things, I can't think of anything better.

Sincerely,
Zack
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

I had a great time with my Hubie camper last weekend. Opening bottles of Youngs India Pale Ale, and peeling potatoes for breakfast. Hey, it even snapped open full of congealed potato juice!! The sharp main blade had my 12" cast iron wok full of fried potatos in no time. They are a great knife. Functional and beautiful.
Zack

Post by Zack »

There's a kriss Hubie that has caught my attention, and I have a couple questions... First, just how big is 14cm??? I know... I'm gonna take a few shots... But I haven't got a clue about that centimeter stuff. Second, is there a decent edge on the blade?
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

I don't have a kris, but I have several Hubertus, and none has come with much of an edge. I think the Kris blade is probably more of a novelty. Maybe somebody else knows for sure.

2.5 cm to the inch, and 14 cm referrs to the handle length, so the blade would be slightly shorter.
Zack

Post by Zack »

Mr. Dweller,

Ok, so, what we have here is your basic 'leven lever kriss. Interesting... especially considering the solidity and finish. I'm not too concerned about the edge...

Thanks.
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Hi Guys,I,ve got a 10" Hubie Kriss.One real beauty of a knife,but you couldnt cut butter let alone anything else with it.You can run your finger up and down the blade with no worry of cutting.In fact the blunt side is more ground.I dont know about sharpening as I haven't got round to it yet.Still,it's a lovely leverlock with a real fast snap!Cheers the spotlight kid. :)
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Spotlight Kid,

Heres an experiment for ya,

Take a large kriss blade and hold it high above your head with a firm grip on the handle. Now with a fast drop motion, imbed the blade into the mid-section of the unwilling volunteer to your immediate front, until the bolsters reach the flesh. Then twist the knife 180 degrees and pull. Volunteers intestines should now be visable, if not, repeat sequence. Now, after all this has been accomplished, I'll bet ya didn't even think about how sharp that blade was, huh! Just food for thought.

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Hey,experiment was a great success!Thing is,once I have cleaned up,what do I do with the stiff? :? Cheers,but troubled,the spotlight kid.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Considering what we pay in taxes the "powers that be" can pick up the odd mugger or carjacker we leave behind. Hopefully the test subject fit such a catagory.
Zack

Post by Zack »

Gentlemen: (I use that term loosely)

Just got my new Hubie... Damn, these things are nice. Do they all emit that fantastic little metallic chirp when they fire?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Some are so tight they barely fire.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Hubertus springers are about my favorite blades of all. I want to try to post a pic of my favorite:

Damn, didn't work.