Capital Punishment

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Do you support Capital Punishment?

Yes
57%
No
19%
Yes, but only in extraordinary circumstances
24%

Total votes: 21

Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Knives sounds great but no Kukries until the perp. has been "softened-up" some.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

I believe I should be able to legally administer the death penalty for anybody who breaks into my place or threatens me. However I am not so much for it other times because who gets it and who doesn't depends so much on how much $$ they have for lawyers. I was always for it, because I think a lot of folks are unredeemable and it is a waste of money to keep them alive. Lots of them don't want to live anyway. But I have changed my mind last few years cause I have seen so many people that were exonerated through DNA evidence. A lot of times their lawyers had to fight the state to get the old evidence to test. You'd think if there was a CHANCE that they might be innocent the state would want them to be released, cause it costs so much $$ to keep someone incarecerated.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My support of the death penalty does NOT mean I support the existing legal systems. It must be replaced with a JUSTICE system.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Here is my ideal sentences for Murders (in civil law):

Persons convicted of 2nd degree murder (who pose no future threat to society) should serve a minimum of 15 - 20 years in prison before the possibility of consideration for parole.

Persons convicted of 1st degree murder should serve a sentence of life sentence with out the possiblity of consdieration for parole for 25 years. In some cases Death Penalty can be carried out if they pose a threat to society.

Persons convicted of Multiple 1st degree Murder, Aggervated 1st degree Murder or Murder while in the commission of rape, Murders of more then 3 persons (serial killings) should serve a minimum of 10 years in prison before execution (during this time they can appeal).
(Murder one means premedated in cold blood i.e. professinal hit; Not a bugrly gone wrong, that counts as second degree but Rape is a diffrent story)

Exmeptions can be made for Juvinelles (at the time of crime), Mothers (when all children reach the age of 18 then an execution can be carried out; they can't become pregnet while in prison).

Repeat Rapists, Repeat Murders, Repeat Child molesters; Life with out parole or death.

Murder of anyone under 6 is automatic Death Penalty.

While in prison, prisoners should work in jobs and allow for some dignity and purpose of life for the inmate. I think these job situations create safer conditions for guards and others who work in prisons. A portion of the prisoners' earnings should go to pay for their incarceration, and a portion should go into a fund for the victims of violent crime and their survivors. This would allow for a restitution fund for social, psychological and religious help for victims and survivor families. Such funds could also provide financial help for families which have lost a wage earner to murder. With out it being paid by taxes.
Last edited by J-man on Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

All 1st degree murder - 30 days in jail but NONE of the following:
Heat
Light
Ventilation
Food
Clothing
Water or
Medical attention
[7 days without water is fatal the other 23 days are for insurance].
I allow up to ONE DAY reduction of sentence for "good behavior".
beartrap

Post by beartrap »

I have it!!!!!! :shock: :idea: Depending on the cercumstances, DEATH BY SLOW TORCHER!!! You know, start by ripping out the finger and toe nails, slowly moving to the teeth, Then proceding to the skinning alive, and ending with the fest-of-restonce, bloody disembowment!!! :twisted: All done in public, just to show all the potential murders and little gang bangers out there that we're not pissing around anymore!!

Because any time spent on death row just isn't cost effective!! :wink:
8)
J-man

Post by J-man »

Thats why they have to work! And I'm for so called "Inhumane" executions, why watse good drugs? (Espcially with the crimes I think should be punsihed by death).

BTW: I edited my previous post about sentences.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

SD
Last edited by stepdaddy on Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I was watching a WW-2 movie and they had a native type on a bicycle style generator so they could talk on the radio.
Why not get lots of these generators and but the unproductive members of society to work making electricity it would also get them in shape and keep them healthier so they wouldn't need so much medicare.
Why should they stay home and get fat when I work hard [and still get fat]?
J-man

Post by J-man »

Stepdaddy, your views are a little extreme about homeless people.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Vagrant,

I have long thought that this concept for a generator, or something else if there is a better idea, should be mandatory for all inmates.

Jim
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Vagrant wrote:I was watching a WW-2 movie and they had a native type on a bicycle style generator so they could talk on the radio.
Why not get lots of these generators and but the unproductive members of society to work making electricity it would also get them in shape and keep them healthier so they wouldn't need so much medicare.
Why should they stay home and get fat when I work hard [and still get fat]?
Mr. Vagrant,

Nothing like a bag of 'Tim's Cascade Style Jalapeno Chips' to maintain that youthful figure, eh! BTW, how did ya like the After Death!

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The chips are great and so is the After Death. [Another one to try is Sadam Insane].
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

SD
Last edited by stepdaddy on Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If they don't pedal the generator fast enough there should be a feed-back circuit to "motivate" them.