Capital Punishment

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Do you support Capital Punishment?

Yes
57%
No
19%
Yes, but only in extraordinary circumstances
24%

Total votes: 21

Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

The thing is is that there are alot of people out there who should be dead yet are walking around. Our court systems are a mess, our priorities are a mess; we lock up someone that smokes a harmless weed that grows by the side of the road, yet convicted killers are paroled because we just don't have the space to keep them. I would free all white collar criminals and force them to do community service, which would then free up all that space in prisons for the truely violent and dangerous people. Of course the other side of the coin is most violent criminals are not going to change, and in those cases society would be much better off not footing the bill for their 3 squares a day. As I said before, some people have proven that they do not belong among us and they certainly don't deserve to have my hard earned tax dollars supporting them. You guys all know the type of people I'm talking about and I don't think any tears of sorrow would be shed for them. Ruthless sadistic predators belong in the ground not behind bars.
PB
Last edited by Pushbutton on Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. PB

If you had just given that.....as a speech....in a crowded hall, you would surely have recieved a standing and tumultous ovation.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

PB, I agree with you. If theres no doubt in innocence of the defendant, no hope for change then they deserve to die. I believe if there isn't a victim, then there IS NOT A CRIME! I don't beleive in punishing people for crimes they haven't commited (Like the "Dangerous offenders Act" in Canada). The whole damn system is a mess, you can't please everyone. If it's a pedafile they are obivously sick in the head, and they need to be locked up for the rest of their lives (or untill we find a way to treat them). I think when it comes down to it, we have to protect the freedoms our fathers fought for and screw comfort for no privacy. I'd rather have a bullet in my knee and still keep on fighting then have no freedom but be able to live. But also protect society with out taking those freedoms away. Say a Mafia Boss gets 15 years for Attempted Murder... chances are if he doesn't get killed a few days after he gets out (or in prison) or moves to Switzerland (or his own private island... WHATEVER) he's going to get back into the criminal buissness. But I'll fight to the death for the freedoms others have fought for previously despite the fact people abuse them or I don't agree of how they use them.

I say Capital Murder (extraoridanry cases in my opinon) means:
Repeat offender (non-murder) ends up killing, Serial Killings, Pre-Medatated Murder, Rape w/ Murder (the murder pre-medated or not), Murder of someone under 6 years of age (pre-medatated or not, if you didn't want the kid you could of given him up... YOU DON'T HAVE TO KILL!)

But there has to be NO doubt in there Gulit, otherwise they shouldn't even be sentenced. If they can come up with evidence to prove there innocence with in 10 years there execution should be put off and a appeal to the crime they have been found Guilty of. I also beleive to prevent Racial profiling in a Capital Case there has to be adleast one Jury member the same race as the defendant.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Joint-Man,

The Death Penalty opponets are always yelling that the death penalty does not deterr crime and therefore, it should be abolished. I do agree with the current USA system as it is, it does not deterr crime. The one thing I do believe though, is that it is a punishment. If we wanted to make an issue of can it deterr crime, then lets bring back public executions. I mean, if you're on the street at execution time, then you have to be a witness. And none of this needle shit either. The drama of some dude being drug up the steps to the gallows, guilatine or chopping block while screaming for mercy and crying and begging and slobbering and pissing his pants all over, could have a detrimental effect on the wannabe thugs. I think it would be cool! Kinda like 'Hang'em High', with beer sales and prostitutes and all that singing. Yeah, I think it would help as a deterrant.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Bonz

Some might accuse you of barbarism......but not me!

Where's the deterrent now? non-bloody-existant that's where ..... persistant violence should be dealt with in the same manner.

HANG 'EM HIGH??.....it's got that certain "something" perhaps I've heard it before somewhere...
J-man

Post by J-man »

Bonzo, If they want to be "Humane" when it comes to executing a killer... I say firing squad... Hanging kills the guy in ten seconds anyway. Infact giving someone the lethal injection would be less humane then hanging because of the plain physcological factor. Rather then just immense physcial pain for 10 seconds.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

As close as possible to the way the victim died and show it on "Pay per View" using some of the profits compensate the victims family.
J-man

Post by J-man »

PPV does have use expect for the Multinational Entertainment Corparations extra hundred billion dollars a year!
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

When DID all the crap start about executing brutal killers humanely? 30s..40s..50.s ..does anyone know? How much humanity did the bastards show their victims??

I'm with Bonz and Vagrant all the way! For paedaphiles and multiple rapists as well!
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Teddy wrote:Mr. Bonz

Some might accuse you of barbarism......but not me!

Where's the deterrent now? non-bloody-existant that's where ..... persistant violence should be dealt with in the same manner.

HANG 'EM HIGH??.....it's got that certain "something" perhaps I've heard it before somewhere...
Mr. Teddy,

I have been accused of many things, but barbarism does not count when dealing with the condemmed. If I was the executioner in charge, I would have a weekly variety show called 'Don't piss off the Executioner' in which the condemmed is set before a panel and has to guess which method of execution he's going to get. I, the executioner, would have the liberty of jumping into the debate at anytime of course and chop off his arm's and leg's and gouge out his eyeballs and sling shot them into the cheering crowd. To me, that would be a 'BLOODY GOOD SHOW'

The thought of stripping these baby rapers to the buff and tying them to a post in a corral with a baby calf would be a good pre-execution appetizer as well.

Hang'em High? Why, that old movie is shown weekly (maybe nightly) on one of America's super-stations. That's where Clint goes after the mob that unsuccessfully tried to hang him. Of course, being the hero he is, he gets to screw anything that walks his way, kill all the bad guys, and lets a pair of brothers who helped him, hang for their sins. One of my favorites of course. It would probably be considered too violent for the Queen Mum's BBC. No worry mate, If you can't find it at the local video store, I'll record it for you and ship it over.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Bonz

The urm..calf in the paddock bit....um...as a kid I worked on a farm ..and um...not to put too fine a point on it .... weaning was done by...hand so to speak....the little bugger would.......Mr BONZ!!....what a wicked suggestion. :D

I like the bit in the saloon where he tells one of the bad guys not to go for his gun...because he wants to take him back alive.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Teddy,

It's all about punishment, right?

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Bonz

Too bloody right!

Prison is no deterrent......non-violent crime can be dealt with some other way. Violent crime can be dealt with swiftly and relatively cheaply with corporal and capital punishment .... in public!

It would save the taxpayer billions!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I read where it cost over 8 million to execute Ted Bundy. What a Joke. In the old days out west Indians thought white people were crazy to spend all that time and energy just hanging a man when he could be shot and done with. 8 million versus what a buck maybe for one or two rounds to get the job done. The Goverment can sure waste our money and we have nothing to say about it.
PB
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

PB,

Good point, and what about the families of the victims? Did we make the most appropriate use of the money spent? I think not. Good point Vagrant about using pay per view to help the family of the victim. I'll let this be my last post on the topic so it doesn't appear that I'm repeating myself. One question to our non-USA residents: what is done in your country in the way of victim compensation?

Jim