Capital Punishment

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Do you support Capital Punishment?

Yes
57%
No
19%
Yes, but only in extraordinary circumstances
24%

Total votes: 21

jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Hollowdweller,

In N.C. you can legally administer the death penalty to someone who breaks into your home. However, as a policeman told me, make sure they fall inside the front door and not outside of it (or drag them in afterward)

Jim
beartrap

Post by beartrap »

Mr. Stepdaddy,

I somewhat agree with you, there are alot of people out there that just like to sit on their butts, collecting their monthly welfare checks and food stamps. However, I am somewhat offended, you see, there are some people out there, mabee not alot, but a few, who are like myself disable, and unable to work. I held down a steady job as an extrusion opperator for years, paid into social security, and my taxes until I became disabled!! Now I collect social security(which I paid into for years) and the only other governmet benifit I receive is my medical which pays for the 14 medications that I take everyday to keep me alive!!! As for being a dead beat and not wanting to work, I would do anything, anything to be able to go back to my old job, with my old friends, and support my family like a normal husband and father wood!!!! Just to have my health back, a normal day !! With no pain!! Don't anybody out there think I'm wineing, or looking for pitty, because I'm not. I'm just stating the facts. Beleave me, if the shoe was on the other foot and It was YOU disabled, and unable to work, you may just have a different oppinion!!!!

Beartrap 8)

Stay sharp and you always have the edge!!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have NO problem with the disabled just the lazy.
As for pain, I have one knee that got between a motorcycle and Mt. Washington. The other one got between a .25 auto and where it was going. [Numerous other injuries also, but why list 'em]. I can relate to pain.
[Third generation welfare families are the ones I have problems with].
beartrap

Post by beartrap »

I do however agree with that!!!! You have those people who have been on welfare all they're lives,and don't know what a hard days work is(at least a honest one). They tought they're kids how to stay on welfare, and get over on the system by having moe kids!! Sending they kids off to elementry school to sell crack, while momma and sissy (who quit school so she could go with momma) goes a hooking on the corner!! All-the-while, hoppen daddy gets home from the drunk tank soon, so they can all go down to the county jail together to visit little brother who's in there for doing that drive by last night!!! :lol: :lol:

It should be them going down to the court house to watch little brother be executed on the court house steps for the drive by he did!!! :twisted:

Beartrap 8)

Stay sharp and you'll always have the edge!!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

If it's people who actually need the money then I would put my taxes for the disabled and sometimes welfare. Theres a difference between a single mother who can't work because she was raped (PTSD) but still wants to have the baby, fine... but unless she can't work in the next few years (when the kid goes off to school) then thats completey diffrent. Now then theres a 3rd generation welfare family, let me put it this way... THERE IS ADLEAST ONE PERSON THERE WHO CAN WORK!

As for disabilty I will pay for that, I'd hate to lose my livelyhood and not be able to live on my own. But I wouldn't want to die either.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

J-man wrote: As for disabilty I will pay for that, I'd hate to lose my livelyhood and not be able to live on my own. But I wouldn't want to die either.
Thank you J Man....I was beginning to think that the general concensus was that people like me (I suffered a stroke a couple of years ago which cost me my job (builder) and left me barely able to look after myself) should be lined up against the wall. :D
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Your not alone Teddy,I had a massive heart attack 4 years ago which left me unable to work anymore.I always wanted to retire at an early age,guess it was a bit of an extreme way to do it! :lol: When I did work,with amount of compulsery overtime I had to do,I would end up paying in tax and insurance,more than a lot of my friends were earning.Although I don't like scroungers and deadbeats,I never begrudged helping the genuine unemployed and homeless.I myself was unemployed at various times and it was because there were NO jobs.As for lining up the homeless and shooting them, well sounds to me like the teachings of hitler or mao tse tung not the Land of the free! I don't like freeloaders but I'm glad I still have compassion for those worse off than me! :wink: This is just the opinion of another waster bleeding the state dry,NOT! :lol: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I am with you J-man.....extraordinary circumstances only. The death penalty is a huge decision, even if someone else has murdered I don't think they should be subject to this form of punishment unless there is an extraordinary circumstance.

It is much more effective to incarcerate someone (although much more expensive) than give them the easy way out by putting them to sleep.

P.S. incarceration is only more effective if our waning Western legal systems can keep the perpetrators of such crimes incarcerated. :wink:
Keepin' the dream alive Downunder
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Vagrant,

You wrote: [Third generation welfare families are the ones I have problems with]. I do too, and it seems that all too often when the third generation is born, the first generation is not yet 40 years old!

Jim
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

SD
Last edited by stepdaddy on Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

SD
Last edited by stepdaddy on Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Welfare is a good thing for people who actually need it; The cocksuckers who refuse to work ruin it for people who actually need it. I say if you get welfare you have to sign a contract saying you'll work within the next year or use this money as a grant so you can get a better education etc. Or if your a single mother and your crack dealin boyfriend just left you for some whore then I beleive it should be given out to you (to help the child etc.) and other silimar problems. It's the 3rd generation ones I have a problem with.
sammy da blade

death penalty

Post by sammy da blade »

i believe that there are people in this world that the rest of society are better off without! people who commit crimes against children, ortake anothers life without justification, don't deserve to live. why should tax payers support this human garbage. i also think some people are imprisioned far to long for stupid reasons. i once worked with a guy who tried to kill his brother, tried to make it look like a drive by shooting, his incarsaration was 6 months home detention. you could get more time than that for a bag of weed! this is just an example, his broter didn't die,but he premetated his brothers murder over a fist fight, go figure!!!