Motorcycles

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Roccomo

Motorcycles

Post by Roccomo »

Anybody that rides..whats your bike? Any cool riding stories? Great roads in your area? Track experience? I've been riding for 15 years now and just like switchblades it never gets old. I ride a 2002 Softail.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I don't have a bike right now, I'm currently saving up for a nice bike, maybe a Harley. But I don't think I'm ready for a Harley :|
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I just sold my Yamaha Virago that I had for 10 years. I swore that I never would do it, and Vagrant questioned my sanity (he too has a Virago), but I just haven't had time to ride for the past few years and probably won't for the next few. Plus, a neighbor collects motorcycles and I can ride one of his when the urge strikes.

Jim
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Also had a Yamaha '82 Maxum(650), which i had for over 10 years. Now i'm looking at an Intruder, my wife thinks i'm crazy, or is it middle age crisis. :wink:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

'90 Virago 1100, but it's not riding weather here at this time of year.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Mr. Razor_54

I had an intruder 1400 a few years ago and I can tell you that it's one fine bike. Nice suspension and power equal to or maybe a little better than my twin cam 88. Plus you've got to admire any Japanese cruiser being made these days thats not trying to look like a Harley.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I agree, the Intruder is a hell of a bike. Don't want to put Harleys down, but for price and handling the Japanese are far better bikes, in my humble opinion. The only Harley i ever owned was a fatboy, untill it got stolen.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Many many moons ago I had a BSA ,A-10 650.
. Engine was completley blueprinted. Bike itself was mild custom and it went like hell. My buddy had a 650 Trumpet Bonnie that was always giving him trouble at the time. British bikes were a breed unto themselves.
Now if I could just find a mint 40's Knucklehead I would be in seventh heaven.
PB
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

PB,

You wrote: British bikes were a breed unto themselves. Can you say Lucas Electric?

Jim
Demonblade

Post by Demonblade »

Greetings from Texas

I've got a 2002 Wide Glide that keeps me occupied when my old lady isn't. Lots of roads around here, plenty of wide open space to travel. I'm thinking of making it to Mardi Gras this year if the weather doesn't get too bad. It's a good long trip to make on the bike, plus lots of fun awaits. Of corse the old lady and a few of my blades have to make the trip as well, but it's all in fun. If anybody gets a chance, come on down.

Demonblade
Life is short, play hard, enjoy, and carry a BIG switchblade
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Demonblade,

Hows the weather in Texas now, Is it rideable? It like 20 degrees in Pa. right now-no way to really go anywhere on the bike.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Roccomo,

A '73 FLH for me, but as you can see, it's gonna be awhile before I ride again, unless of course, I don the Groucho glasses and nose and get out the honda trail 90. NOT!

Check out those AMF mags! Gotta love it!

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Can you say Lucas Electric?
Jim,
Ah yes, Lucas "The Prince of Darkness".

Q. Why do the Brits drink warm beer?
A. They have Lucas refrigerators.

I've spent many hours on Triumphs. Got to love 'em even when there being tempermental.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I'm going to say what spotlight is going to say:

Q: Why do americans drink cold beer?
A: So they can tell it from there piss!

Although I don't think that.
Demonblade

Post by Demonblade »

Greetings Roccomo

Yeah, it's kind of cool here in Texas today, it's supposed to get down to the mid teens tonight. So much for a late night ride with the old lady, unless it's under the covers. But hey, there's always tomorrow.

Say Bonzo

Nice looking ride you got there Bud..I've got a 97 Sporty torn down in the garage right now. I used to ride it until I got the 88" Wide Glide, so now I'm fixing the Sporty up for the wife to ride.

With the weather getting cold tonight it's time to break out the cold weather gear....beer, a few pain killers and a night in front of the tube. I'll check back every so often tonight.

Demonblade
Life is short, play hard, enjoy, and carry a BIG switchblade