Motorcycles

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

in louisiana they have things that make you believe in flying alligators.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

I hear you on flying things. Although we dont have any thing that big any insect can be potentially dangerous. I was riding with my visor up and I went face first into a yellow jacket. Ever get stung in the face by a bee, its like getting a bucket of acid thrown into your helmet, also, I dont know if you know this but in Vancouver it rains, a lot, try doing freeway speeds face first into a rain storm, try doing it every day and maybe you will understand why I prefer full face helmets, hey, riding every day up here aint no duck walk.
Regards
blackjack
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Adleast you can ride all year round (about 1cm of snow a year out there in Vancouver)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I had a yellow-jacket get under my leather jacket and try to sting his way out. I honestly thought I'd been shot [I have been shot once but, Razor has me beat]. Trying to stop the bike, open my jacket to look for the wound, take cover, draw my gun, and locate the "shooter" all at the same time should have been caught on video it was probably VERY funny [to anyone watching, I was in "considerable discomfort" and somewhat concerned].
J-man

Post by J-man »

Vagrant wrote:I had a yellow-jacket get under my leather jacket and try to sting his way out. I honestly thought I'd been shot [I have been shot once but, Razor has me beat]. Trying to stop the bike, open my jacket to look for the wound, take cover, draw my gun, and locate the "shooter" all at the same time should have been caught on video it was probably VERY funny [to anyone watching, I was in "considerable discomfort" and somewhat concerned].

:shock: :lol:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I was very relieved to see a yellow-jacket [still stinging me] when I got the jacket and shirt open, it hurt like hell but it beat the bullet hole I thought I'd find. It really felt like the .25 I got hit with, [same burn].
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Mr. Vagrant; ...draw my gun, locate the shooter...I assume you were going to return fire. What state do you live in :?: This sounds like my kind of place :twisted:
Regards
blackjack
J-man

Post by J-man »

N.H.
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

right now in TX we are about to go thru the worst of it w/ insects- Mayflies, luv bug, f#ckbugs (whatever ya wanna call em) arent really painful to hit but if you are going on a ride for more than 1/2 an hour its like having 100 people w/ paintguns shoot at you the whole time.
Mr. Vagrant-
Shoot first, ask questions later... :twisted:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I was going to wait for another shot before returning fire if anyone had been there [in case the first was an accident] but if someone was shooting at me I had a .45 on my hip. Fortunately there was nothing but woods all around me. [That's why I considered the possibilty of an accident, maybe someone had shot at something and missed].
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Yeah insects are hazardous especially when they get in places where you wish they wouldnt go. Mr Vagrant you are obviously very careful with your weapons. Just out of curiosity can buy you buy fully automatic rifles in your state, eg an AK47 :?:
blackjack
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Yup, but still have to jump through all the federal hoops. [Paper work, $200 tax, approval of local police, etc.]
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

blackjack wrote:I hear you on flying things. Although we dont have any thing that big any insect can be potentially dangerous. I was riding with my visor up and I went face first into a yellow jacket. Ever get stung in the face by a bee, its like getting a bucket of acid thrown into your helmet, also, I dont know if you know this but in Vancouver it rains, a lot, try doing freeway speeds face first into a rain storm, try doing it every day and maybe you will understand why I prefer full face helmets, hey, riding every day up here aint no duck walk.
Regards
blackjack
mr blackjack - this isn't anything to do with motorcycles - but i used to race downhill MTN bikes - and i also got stung in the temple during a downhill run up in whistler - screaming down a jagged mtn side is no time to be reaching into your fullface :wink:
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

i was riding on a state highway and went through a swarm of honey bee's, i didn't know what was going on it all happened so fast. i was getting stung and looked down my shirt and there was a bee in my belly button. i got the bike slowed down enough to jump off and pealed my shirt off. only got stung three times but got all swolen up! yes i got one under my helmat once too, got it off before i got stung that time.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If you don't wear a helmut nothing ever gets under it.