Non-knife topic

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Non-knife topic

Post by Teddy »

I thought we already had one.....Jerrybear started it months ago.... :D
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Now we have not just a thread, but an entire area! I hope that this helps the knife focused threads stay on-topic a bit more.

Jim
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

jim d, wrote:Now we have not just a thread, but an entire area! I hope that this helps the knife focused threads stay on-topic a bit more.
Yep, this was the main idea b ehind this new area. ;)

M.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

I dunno......if it aint broke...don't mend it.

50 new members in a month....is that a bad thing??...this forum must be doing SOMETHING right....all potential customers of SKM too.

Still it can't hurt, but I'd be a bit surprised if topics were adhered to MUCH more rigidly

Much of the appeal of this forum is the constant straying off topic by some of the members and the resulting comments and witticisms.
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Teddy wrote:Still it can't hurt, but I'd be a bit surprised if topics were adhered to MUCH more rigidly
It isn't meant to be rigid from now on. ;-) One can still reply with off-topics to any post, which is also what makes this forum nice to read.

However, if one has to make a non knife-related post (i.e. the very nice "Denmark" thread), he's better do that here instead that under "Switchblade knives". However, this does not means off-topics on the "Switchblade knives" area will be deleted, they'll just will be accepted as since now! However, everybody now knows there's a place designed for them. ;-)

M.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

It'll be interesting to see how well it works...without using a big stick! :D
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Teddy wrote:It'll be interesting to see how well it works...without using a big stick! :D
Well, we'll see... let's try it. ;-)

M.

Post by Guest »

:wink:
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

:wink: ......that was me ..... I forgot that you don't have to sign in on this one.
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Teddy wrote::wink: ......that was me ..... I forgot that you don't have to sign in on this one.
That was a configuration error, now it should work as the others (login required to post).

M.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Arthas,

Does this mean we can hold discussions about the mating habits of the Tibetan Yak and the lack of water in the Gobi desert?

Just wondering....

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Bonzo wrote: Does this mean we can hold discussions about the mating habits of the Tibetan Yak and the lack of water in the Gobi desert?
Of course, all these... interesting topics can be discussed in here. ;)

M.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, All of Those Not In Cellblock Zero-

Oh, sure, a non-topic area. I can see your ol' pal Wally's every quip henceforth relegated to the abyss of non-ism land, thanks to the powerful influence of the noble moderators. Perhaps the sphere of power should be coronated on the True Jerk for absolut control of the Off area. I even already have my own special hat and badge, too....

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Greeting Wally,
Here I am joining you in "no mans land" and you're already making a "power grab" that does not include me your old pal. Are we a little over-sedated?