You Guys are Dangerous

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
DocV

You Guys are Dangerous

Post by DocV »

It all started as simple curiousity. I watched a colleague of mine open an envelope with a Boker. I asked to see it, and opened it a few times. Next thing I new, I was cruising the web and ran across Tiny's site. I had intended on buying a Boker until I saw the CRKT. I orderd it and it arrived promptly. I like it so much it is a constant companion. But it wasn't enough. I bought a Mikov with a stag handle(scales?). I am almost embarrassed to admit it took me a while to figure out the lever. I had never seen on before. Now I find myself idly playing with them in a kind of stupor, opening and closing them while I contemplate what to buy next. My wife is starting to look at me funny. Please somebody stop me before it gets worse. :D
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Relax and enjoy it because it will get worse.
Get a 5 1/2" Stiletto for your wife and she'll join in the fun.
[The first thing she'll say when she sees it will be; "It's CUTE".
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

DocV,

Welcome to our jungle! Vagrant is right - you seem to have the addiction. It's not going to go away or diminish in intensity, so you might as well enjoy yourself. Imagine the endorphins spewing when you first clicked that Boker! You just made it worse/better with the Mikov. Now you've got to get some gen-u-ine I-talian stilettos! Hold on to your wallet and don't melt your credit card! :twisted: Glad to have you aboard.

Greyblade
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Doc,

You are about to be coronated into the hollowed halls of hopelessness. There's hope for alcoholics, druggies and smokers, but there is no cure for spring steel addiction. So, with that said, I suggest spending your Christmas funds on spring steel. I did.

Welcome.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Whatsup Doc?You just gotta face up to the inevitable,YOU ARE HOOKED! :lol: There is no hope for you now,you are on that long slippery slope of addiction!You will soon have draws full of knives whilst your clothes get thrown on the floor.Get ready to take out that remortgage,you will NEED it!BUT you will have fun and meet some other off the wall guys along the way!If I haven't put you off,WELCOME to this realm of lost souls whose only goal in life is that next switch that you have just GOT to have!! :wink: :lol: HAPPY ADDICTION! :lol: :lol: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
DocV

Post by DocV »

I guess it's hopeless. I'll just have to give in. I was looking at the 5.5" stilettos. How durable are the acyrlic handles? Maybe if I order one that matches my wifes earrings, she'll forgive me.
"A chance to cut is a chance to cure.....heal with cold steel."
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

DocV wrote:I guess it's hopeless. I'll just have to give in. I was looking at the 5.5" stilettos. How durable are the acyrlic handles? Maybe if I order one that matches my wifes earrings, she'll forgive me.
I find clicking switchblades cheaper than recreational drugs, and probably healthier. Rather than acrylic handles you should go for imitation horn. Be sure and check out that discussion for all the info on that material :lol: :lol: :lol:
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Welcome to the addiction, pick your wife up a Red 5 1/2" Stilleto, and hopefully get her to stop haunting you when your first knife buying binge starts (you think it's bad now bud?). It's impossible to quit this too! Happy flipping.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

you should go for imitation horn

I say go for Real Horn [or Stag] the Acrlics are quite durable and the imitation Horn started the most durable thread on the forum.
I forgot to say welcome but my memory is not legendary.
[Forumites can testify to that].
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Been collecting on and off, its so far back i can't even remember. Once hooked might as well throw in the towel.
My wife leaves me alone with my toys, i think she has given up on me. :wink: She has 2 brothers and has asked me for a couple of Huburtus guardians as Christmas presents.
Well Doc, might as well sit back and enjoy in in for a hell of a ride. 8)
Welcome and enjoy.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

DocV,

Welcome to the forum

It was just over a year ago that I did my fateful Google search and found the predecessor to this forum. Since then I have enjoyed corresponding with the folks here, have learned a lot, and have begun my ever increasing collection.

If you are a typical collector, you will feel like a kid at Christmas as you await receipt of a new shipment. Not to worry, this is normal. Feel free to ask questions and please report on your new acquisitions.

Jim
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Razor,

Wait a second here. You need to be strategic about this gift issue. Get the Guardians, but also get some cheap imitation horns. Keep the Hubies and give them the cheapies. A few weeks ago, my brother stopped by and I showed him my collection. Of course he asked me if he could have one (he never offers to pay). So I told him he could have any knife in my collection, as long as it was this one, as I held up a 9" imatation horn and gave it to him. He asked me how much it cost, and I said, about $125 and sent him on his way. This addiction can be so much fun.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Good point, Bonz...Have some cheapies on it's way from SKM with a couple of Medici's from KS. Don't think they will know the difference between Italian and German. :wink:
Recently bought 6 Guardians from my uncle's neighbour in Mass, got them for a ridiculous price of $150us. Even with the exchange a hell of a deal. :lol:
~RAZOR~
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Razor,

Are all 6 for you? Or, have you become like me in that when some others see your knives they want one?

Jim
Last edited by jim d, on Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Well Jim...You could be right, don't know. Might keep a couple for my collection and sell the rest, for a good profit, of course. :wink:
Like we have mentioned before, this is an expensive hobby.
~RAZOR~