a guitar related question

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sakura

a guitar related question

Post by sakura »

so, I'm in the market for a new bass. I'm not new to guitars, and want something that sounds decent. what brands are good in about the 200$ price range?
yavcon

Re: a guitar related question

Post by yavcon »

sakura wrote:so, I'm in the market for a new bass. I'm not new to guitars, and want something that sounds decent. what brands are good in about the 200$ price range?
Ibanez gsr200 is around $200. There low end stuff has a decent rep. Can get something of a little higher quality used on eBay. That price range is the bottom tier. Not much quality floating around that level. A decent pair of tunning pegs that "stay in tune" cost at least $45 alone.
http://www.yavcon.com
Click on the word "here" at the bottom of the page for my building archives.
missaman

Re: a guitar related question

Post by missaman »

sakura wrote:so, I'm in the market for a new bass. I'm not new to guitars, and want something that sounds decent. what brands are good in about the 200$ price range?
A new Bass.... well fishing in the north east has been good :roll:
and a lot less than 200.00 :D
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

As Yavcon said, check Ebay. Ibanez basses are excellent instruments. I used them almost exclusively on stage until I stopped playing. I still have 3, and they are not for sale. The Soundgear and Roadstar series are my favorites.
Bill
slappy / psychoticsumo

Post by slappy / psychoticsumo »

sakura

Post by sakura »

thank you. I'm actually heading to guitar center on sunday to try out, hopefully ALL the basses. but I'm specifically looking at the squier MB-4 4-String Bass sorry, no link. and a yamaha fretless. I'd prefer fretless, but I'll take what I can get. I'm definately going to pay close attention to the ibanez guitars too. I'll let ya'll know what happens on monday. maybe tuesday, or wednesday. I have much practicing to do. thank you.
sakura

Post by sakura »

ibanez gsr 200. got it and a nice case for 240 bucks.

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.as ... GSR200&z=y
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

It's like a sore peter- you can't beat it!
Bill
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

Bill,ROFLMAO, Sakura is pretty young 17 or 18. when i was his age i beat the shit out of my sore peter 3 or 4 times a day. at 48 i have beaten it almost to death.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
sakura

Post by sakura »

I'm so confused......
sakura

Post by sakura »

wait. I don't even want to know.