New member just saying hi!

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BleedingMisanthropica

New member just saying hi!

Post by BleedingMisanthropica »

Hello all, I'm Jess. Sorry it's taken me awhile to introduce myself after having spent quite awhile nosing around here in the forums after joining up several weeks ago after having spent quite a bit of time browsing all the threads and deciding I'd like to be a part of this after discovering TalkBlade by following a link from the Leverlock web site several weeks before that. Uh, still with me? I wasn't sure where to post this but Off Topic seemed best. Anyway, I'm a lifelong blade freak, with a [small] collection of switch knives, balisongs, daggers and swords- basically I'm into anything cool looking that I can hurt myself with. I used to think I had a modest blade collection, until I saw what some of you are sitting on! There seem to be some very knowledgeable and respected people in here, so I'm not convinced I will ever have anything productive to add, but everyone seems friendly enough so I'd like to hang out here if you'll have me. Take care- Jess
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Nice to have you here sir. This is a great place to be. Hope you enjoy it too.
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Welcome. :wink: the spotlight kid. 8)
A CARROT IS AS CLOSE AS A RABBIT GETS TO A DIAMOND!
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Hi Bleeding,

Good to have you here, hope you enjoy it, I think you will. Don't worry about your contributions, from the sound of your post, you're at least mostly sane. That's going to help considerably.

TomR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Bleeding welcome to our humble home. You have already met the qualifications for joining and there is a world of Info on here about any kind of knives but we do tend to concentrate on the ones that go "click" Check out Blade Pictures Forum and see some of the beautys people like TR 4252 hand build plus plenty of others. We are also lucky enough to have one of the finest builders and restorers in the country maybe the world for that matter Bill DeShivs (UGH I hate swelling his head like this :evil: ) All the mods have there area of expertice in knives except Wally his expertice is in reducing assholes to quivering masses of jello if they need it. Seriously one thing we all firmly believe in here is that there are no stupid questions, because any question that you can think to ask has been asked by one of us over the years since we all started at the same starting gate.If you have any delicate or personal questions thats what the PM button is for which means Private Message that only you and the sendee can see. Have fun and don't let any of these knuckleheads bother you cause in reality this is about the only knife forum I know of and I now about quite a few where we are all friends and there is no infighting or clicks. All for one, one for all.
PB
JohanB

Post by JohanB »

Hey! Welcome!

I just joined a couple'a days ago, and this is just an awesome forum! Great bunch of active members who really like posting :D

Cheers,

Johan
hum.....Can i use a personal logo here ?
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Jess,

Greetings, happy 4th, and welcome!

Not to worry about being productive - I never have been and the guys and gals let me hang around anyway...

Case in point:

I collect Italian Milano's and damned if I can tell them from the cheap Asian junk!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
BleedingMisanthropica

Post by BleedingMisanthropica »

Wow. Thanks folks! I'm familiar with forum life, as my other passion is my hotrod Mustang, and I've been thousand+ post active in an applicable forum for that. I'm used to there being over 100 members on at once in each of those forums, so I didn't really expect any replys to this today since there never seems to be more than one or two of you logged in here. I guess I've already underestimated you all! Great welcome! Thanks! I dunno Tom, I guess I'm mostly sane... sometimes... I think the more psychology I study the less sane I myself become. But I love sharp objects! (oh god- and horsepower) So I know not to cross Wally, or ask JerrBear whether or not I really have a Milano. Aren't you the one running for Prez on the "all get a thong" platform though? My vote is placed! Well, with this kind of reception I guess I'll jump right in then :D
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Do do, the water's fine. Some of us even drink the stuff forgetting what W. C. Fields had to say on that subject.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Yeah, "little fishies f##k in it".

Jerr is too humble, he started the Imitation Horn Thread, which is as big as a book, and somewhat more interesting to read (does that make him the author?). Check it out.

TomR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Tom
Don't tell JerrBear but Micky is going apeshit over the bill he got for all the bandwidth used in that thread and is in constant meetings with his lawyer's to get JerrBear to pay.SHHHHhhhhhhhh not a word now.
PB
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

UH-OH! :oops:
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome to the fun :)
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I used to have a Mustang - '65, 289 cu.in., 4 speed. :D
But Mustangs are like bellybuttons - everybody's got one. :?
But not everybody has a knife that flashes steel at the push of a button! :wink:
Welcome to the forum that talks about knives and just about every other darn thing too! :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Pushbutton-

Ah how soon they forget... What about my bladesmithing expertise, 'eh? I guess it's time to bring back the Esteamed Mr. Pushbutton thread again-

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse