RR

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

RR

Post by missaman »

It is my understanding that R.R.Passed to the other side.......... :cry:
My prayers to nancy and all the family...

Missaman In da hood
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

A great President!
He made the Berlin Wall come tumblin' down! :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I'm sure the air traffic controllers and contras are wearing black.
PB
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

His opponents tended to greatly underestimate him. They liked to portray him as being not very smart, easily lead by others, etc. They were amazed that when they woke up he had out-flanked them.

Alzheimer's is a terrible way to go. My mom passed away 20 years ago after a five year bout. My sympathies to his family.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

natcherly wrote:His opponents tended to greatly underestimate him. They liked to portray him as being not very smart, easily lead by others, etc. They were amazed that when they woke up he had out-flanked them.

Alzheimer's is a terrible way to go. My mom passed away 20 years ago after a five year bout. My sympathies to his family.
The BEST President since Teddy Roosevelt :!:
My prayers and sympathy to his family [and the world].
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Vagrant wrote:
natcherly wrote:His opponents tended to greatly underestimate him. They liked to portray him as being not very smart, easily lead by others, etc. They were amazed that when they woke up he had out-flanked them.

The BEST President since Teddy Roosevelt :!:
My prayers and sympathy to his family [and the world].
a BIG amen to that :!:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
DMF

Post by DMF »

Yeah I can appreciate where your coming from My Mom passed away as a result of Alzheimer's,, 28th of march this year.. and your right it's a lousy way to go...

DMF
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

DMF wrote:

Yeah I can appreciate where your coming from My Mom passed away as a result of Alzheimer's,, 28th of march this year.. and your right it's a lousy way to go...

DMF
mine passed away on oct 21st of last year,3 weeks shy of her 105th B-day,
she was one of the lucky ones,it didn't get her until she was 103.but then it came on very fast.
my dad died in 71 at the age of 71,he got it in his late sixtys,lousy way to go is an under statement!
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

My mother-in-law passed away from it about 8 years ago.Its an ugly thing.
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Pushbutton wrote:My mother-in-law passed away from it about 8 years ago.Its an ugly thing.
PB
It got my Grandfather. I'd choose one of my pistols while I could still figure out how to use it, if it gets me :idea:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Al
I can't argue with that logic cause I would do the same. I wouldn't want my family put in the situation of caring for me. When you see the deteriation first hand there can be no other way.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I can picture it now; "I'm going hunting". "Don't get lost like last time :!: "
"Believe me I won't" :wink:
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

The Falcon wrote:A great President!
He made the Berlin Wall come tumblin' down! :D

Mr. The Falcon,

He was a great governor here in CA, then gave Jerry Brown a huge surplus, then JB turned Sacramento into Kremlin West. I recently read the story of his decision to leave the 'Tear down this wall' in his Berlin speech. It seems only the speechwriter and RR liked the idea of dumping on ol' Gorby. My uncle was the state assitant fire marshall in the capitol and got to know Ronnie well. He told me when RR was still governor that he would be the president one day.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson