In Memorium

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

In Memorium

Post by Bonzo »

Ladies, Fish, and Gentlemen,

I would like to take this time and thank God for the selfless sacrifices made by our veterans, both living and deceased, and also to my dearly departed Dad, who is still very deceased, for his attempt to make it to Korea and fight the commies, only to be yanked from his company of the USMC because of the Sullivan Act. Thanks Granny for writing that letter to the commandant of the USMC, as all of Dad's platoon pretty much froze to death at the Chosen Reservour. It's too bad Granny lost her only other son on Okinawa do to a fatal japenese bullet. Well, now they are all together ( I hope). Tomorrow, I shall make my yearly trek to the cemetery, swipe some flowers from the conceintious objector section, and place them over Pop's resting place and swill a few Coors for the old fart.

And don't forget to fly your flag tomorrow as well.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Amen Brother
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Great post Bonz. I called my 83 year old dad and thanked him again. He served in the Army Infantry in Germany. I'll lift a few Coors to your dad, please do the same for mine.

Jim
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

Good post to make one reflect on those who have fallen providing our freedoms. I bet your dearly departed Dad and my severely departed Dad would have been great ol' pals. Whilst tomorrow is the official day of memory per holiday, not a day goes by that I don't think about my dead ol' Dad. He used to regale me with his soft spoken tales of his adventure in the south Pacific. AS a 'crown' turret gunner on a PBM, was credited with 17 confirmed, and 19 assisted Zero kills, thus earning him the Distinguished Flying Cross, and Air Medal with 3 Battle Stars for his part in major naval battles, aside from his regular daily 50 caliber hosing of the Emperor's henchmen. I also shall hoist several in his honor.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Wally
If I were their know I would be proud to clink glasses with you.
PB
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Pushbutton-

Of course you know you are always welcome to enjoy the luxurious Corpse hospitality tent, next to my refrigerator box condo behind the dumpster at K-Mart, Spastic, Fornicalia. I've set aside some vintage Sterno Merlot just for yer arrival...

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

It is indeed befitting the memory and honor of those that provided us with the freedoms that we now take for granted that Wally had a totally serious post. It speaks volumes...

Jim
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Now that was a war, with 2 capital W's. My father was in the pacific theatre. I was born in '51; see if you can guess how I feel about Hiroshima.

A salute to all your fathers, uncles, grandfathers, etc. who bought this life for us the hard way.

TR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

It has been moved and seconded that we Honor all Vets :!:
Those in favor - have a beer :D
Those opposed - go to hell :!: [do not pass go or collect $200]
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

My dear old Dad joined the Navy in early 1941 on a special ONE year program and an automatic commission if you secured a recommendation from a Senator. :D
He was discharged SIX years later. :?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
moe

Post by moe »

My father was in the service before WWII. He did most of his time at Hickham Field in Hawaii. He said in those days it was like paradise, and he never lost the tan he got there. He got out in '39, went back in in '41. Was sent to North Africa, then up thru Sicily and into Italy. Like the book says :" The Greatest Generation". Miss ya Dad.

Moe
What!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

my body's achin' and my time is at hand
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

My ole dad (bless him ..he's gone now) was in the medical corps. throughout most of WW2 ... spending much of his time as a stretcher bearer bringing back the wounded from the battlefield. I remember him telling me once... (he didn't like talking about it) .... that the worst part ... the VERY worst part of that job was having to decide who to bring back and who to leave... especially when it involved leaving a good friend ... because you brought back those with the best chances of survival and left the ones you didn't think would make it anyway... and on top of that they were sometimes still shooting at you... many lads got back home because of him and others like him.

I salute them all

Teddy
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My Dad [Rest in Peace] was Army Ranger in WW-2 and fought from D-Day until the end of the war. My younger brother [also R.I.P.] fought in Nam. I've buried all the Vets in my family. They've all made it through the war but, died earlier than they should have. My 4-F classification probably kept me alive :wink:
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Gents,

Actually, of all the Veterans I can think of from WWII, my wifes grandfather, who is still very much alive, was the captain of a B-17 and flew his alotted 25 missions over wherever the japs were encamped, mainly Rabul, New Guinea and the sort. Whatever. He is a man I hold in very high regard to this day. A desiciplined fellow (to this day) who never held back the OK to the bombadier. He once told me all his missions were easy, until that is, 'when they shot back at us!' Thanks Gramps! I love you dearly.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
missaman

Post by missaman »

I agree, My uncle Leo was a mp in korea said the koreans would place babys on the rr tracks trying to get it to stop... They never did :cry:
One day they blew the bridge while they were crossing it. My uncle woke up to find a korean woman holding his head out of the water to keep from drowning...
DAMN
I Miss ya uncle Leo
I still fish with his kids on the great lakes every now and then.........
Missaman