Throwing Knives

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
daddyloko

Throwing Knives

Post by daddyloko »

Besides staying out of their path, does anyone here have knowledge about "Throwing Knives"? Got a friend interested in them, but knows about as much of them as I do. I see tons of them on the net, but looking for quality.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

abe,
let me know what you find out,like to get a few myself.
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Vagrants opinion :roll:
"Throwing Knife" OXYMORON ALERT :wink:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Bobby Branton makes some of the best. He has his own throwing knife forum on BF. I have a few and after awhile you get sick of walking all the way to the tree getting the knives then walking all the back to throw them at the tree again. A viscous circle. I can throw fair but it's so damn boring by yourself doing all that wlking that I really don't practice very often. Plus the neighbors get nervous when they see me out throwing. :)
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

PB
Use TWO trees, throw at one, walk to it, pull the knives out, and throw at the other :idea: That cuts the walking [and boredom] in half :wink:
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Abe
The first is your best bet plus John is good to deal with I believe he is a member of TSF
The second are Hibbens made by United Cutlery and everyone sells them plus I never heard of the seller. Overall a good throwing knife not rough but not perfect either the heat tratment is done different degree wise to compenstate for the constent impact. I don't believe UC goes out of their way to make there throwers any different then there knives. If you google and couldn't find Bobby's site there is a Nat'l assoc of throwers and good links to good blades. You haven't asked yet but in anticipation that you will the throwers with the adjustable weights are just another gimmick you don't need because a good thrower will already be balanced perfectly. When I lived in my old house I was a cellar dweller which meant I had high ceilings in the cellar and could throw down there. Now I'm lucky I don't bump my head where I live now. Below is Bobbys forum url.
PB

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forum ... .php?f=771
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Thanks fellas :wink: .
mypetelvis

Post by mypetelvis »

The only thing I know about throwing knives is, the ones I've used must have been deffective. They just make a clanking noise and bounce off of the target.

M.P.E.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

mypetelvis wrote:The only thing I know about throwing knives is, the ones I've used must have been deffective. They just make a clanking noise and bounce off of the target.

Mr. M.P.E.,

Hey, I used to have some of those! Ho! Ho!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

JerrBear wrote:
mypetelvis wrote:The only thing I know about throwing knives is, the ones I've used must have been deffective. They just make a clanking noise and bounce off of the target.

Mr. M.P.E.,

Hey, I used to have some of those! Ho! Ho!
Sometimes they just went whoooosh. Never to be seen again :wink:
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I used to get one in ten to stick. :oops:
How come those German sentries in the movies always die silently with a perfect throw into their throat? :?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

There was a story in Blade Magazine about 10 yrs ago about this American Indian and no I can't remember his name but he went on to spend his life throwing at various targets and his wife while she spun around at Fairs,Carnivals and circuses. Anyways the guy who wrote the story was in this Indians squad and everyone new the bastard could throw a knife.On night they discovered a series of Nazi machine gun nests and one sentry since it was way in the woods near a main road. To make a long story short they couldn't get at the sentry without him seeing them and raising the alarm. So they asked the Indian if it were possible,he grunted and said anythings possible if it works.He threw his knife downhill over 50 feet and nailed the sentry right through the neck. This is a true story because I have heard it from different people and I'm sure Google would have something on it just don't know how long it would take to find it.
Diggaway

Post by Diggaway »

Mr PB
Google Skeeter Vaughan,the range lengthens as oft as the story is told :lol:
Regards,Diggaway
Sempere ubi sub ubi
Doc Rocket

Post by Doc Rocket »

Here ya go guys. Everything you want (or don't want) to know about knife chucking.

http://www.throwzini.com/

Although I do have a few throwing knives and a target in the shop to have fun with I have have always thought if you throw a knife you no longer have said knife. And someone else may now have your knife. (unless you have a back up, a couple of .45 rounds will do nicely)
I love my country...
It's the #*# goverment...