USA members: Are you going to vote in November?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Do you plan on voting in November?

Poll ended at Wed May 26, 2004 8:20 am

Definitely
68%
Probably yes
9%
Not decided yet
No votes
Probably no
No votes
Not even if there was free beer
9%
Not registered, but plan on it
No votes
Not registered, and don't give a dang
14%

Total votes: 22

JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

missaman wrote:Damn More Liberials...
:?

"Liberials" - People from Liberia?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
missaman

Post by missaman »

No my bottom feeding friend....
Well maybe from fresno by the sea......
Missa
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

JerrBear wrote: "Liberials" - People from Liberia?
Those are Liber-ials! :)

Keep the votes a-comin'! This is only about vote/not vote!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If we have to send the Military to another part of the world, we should be so brutal and fast that all the press can report is "we won".
Most of the problems here at home are due to the [liberal] tax and spend" mentality.
On this two issues [military use and stopping the tax/spend silliness] Bush only gets a 5 [on a 1 to 10 scale, with 1 being best]
On gun owner rights he gets a 2 :!: Kerry doesn't score higher than 9 on any of these :evil: The Hero of Chappaquidik scores a 98 on the same scale [on everything] :shock: My advice to everyone, especially Massachusetts residents is "NEVER vote for anyone from Mass." :wink:
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Leading up to the first presidential election I could vote in (1964) I kept hearing from liberals that if I voted for Barry Goldwater we'd be in a major war in 6 months. :shock:
I voted for Goldwater and it turned out they were right. :?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Stone Knife

OK I tried. But nooooo.

Post by Stone Knife »

" [liberal] tax and spend" mentality"

What are you saying, that the Bush administration is a [liberal] administration? :?

I wish to god it WAS tax and spend. What we have now is borrow and spend-
Sticking us with the largest deficit in history for the next ten years, while cutting taxes to the wealthy to the lowest point it's been in 50 years.

Borrowing record amounts while decreasing income. This is a wise plan?

Is it worth four more years of this for the sake of more toys we don't really need?
For that matter, even it it were, GW Bush has done nothing to insure the Assault weapons ban will not be renewed.
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

The Falcon wrote:Leading up to the first presidential election I could vote in (1964) I kept hearing from liberals that if I voted for Barry Goldwater we'd be in a major war in 6 months. :shock:
I voted for Goldwater and it turned out they were right. :?
I admit I do not follow this logic, but the facts are wacky. Goldwater didn't hold any tie breaking votes and the US was already involved for for ten years before that point.

We were lobbying France to ask us to take over for them in Vietnam while the Geneva peace accords were in progress way back in the summer of 1954! By that time we were financing more than 70% of the French war effort.
Goldwater didn't have anything to do with it!
The US involvement in SE Asia began with Eisenhower, who was a Republican.

President Kennedy had signed a NSAM to start the withrawal of troops from Vietnam by the end of 1963, and we saw what that got him. A big headache.

Here is what it said:
"NATIONAL SECURITY ACTION MEMORANDUM NO. 263
TO:

Secretary of State
Secretary of Defense
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

SUBJECT: South Vietnam

At a meeting on October 5, 1963, the President considered the recommendations contained in the report of Secretary McNamara and General Taylor on their mission to South Vietnam.
The President approved the military recommendations contained in Section I B (1 -3) of the report, but directed that no formal announcement be made of the implementation of plans to withdraw 1,000 U.S. military personnel by the end of 1963.

After discussion of the remaining recommendations of the report, the President approved the instruction to Ambassador Lodge which is set forth in State Department telegram No. 534 to Saigon.

McGeorge Bundy

Copy furnished: Director of Central Intelligence
Administrator, Agency for International Development 11/21/63

TOP SECRET"
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

missaman wrote:No my bottom feeding friend....
Well maybe from fresno by the sea......
Missa
fresno by the sea is in liberia :?: :?
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: OK I tried. But nooooo.

Post by Vagrant »

Stone Knife wrote:" [liberal] tax and spend" mentality"

What are you saying, that the Bush administration is a [liberal] administration? :?

I wish to god it WAS tax and spend. What we have now is borrow and spend-
Sticking us with the largest deficit in history for the next ten years, while cutting taxes to the wealthy to the lowest point it's been in 50 years.

Borrowing record amounts while decreasing income. This is a wise plan?

Is it worth four more years of this for the sake of more toys we don't really need?
For that matter, even it it were, GW Bush has done nothing to insure the Assault weapons ban will not be renewed.
I guess the bottom line is; When we were a British Colony the average Colonist paid 1/10 of 1% of his Income to the Crown :shock: 200+ years later the average American pays 46% of his income to the government [includes ALL "hidden" taxes] :roll: By that standard EVERYONE is a "flaming liberal" as far as I'm concerned :!: Call it "tax and spend", "borrow and spend" or "steal and spend" the common factor is SPEND :evil: :!: As long as the Government can spend all it wants - it WILL, it's time to stop the madness and restrict how much can be spent :idea: Bush does NOT thrill me but Kerry is "to the left of North Korea" :!: His latest trick was to fly back to Washington to vote for an amendment to another bill that would have extended the Assault Weapons ban another ten years :!: That's another bunch of bu!!shit we must stop NO more amending a bill on water rights to Ban the "Bill of Rights" [a little bit at a time] :idea:
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Guys !
I've been a member of the "silent majority" much too long ! there must be a change ! AND, if things do get screwed up more than they are now , at least this time, I'll have the "right to bitch " about it !
"God bless America" (and I really mean that too)
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

YES! OF COURSE! YOU BETCHA DUPPA I'LL VOTE.
You have too, Its your right!
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Just a passing thought of the recent past;

I sat, as did millions of other Americans, and watched as our government underwent a peaceful transition of power in January 2001.
At first, I felt a swell of pride and patriotism as I watched George W. Bush take his oath of office.

However, all that pride quickly vanished as I later watched William Jefferson Clinton board Air Force One for the last time.

I saw 21 Marines, in full dress uniform with rifles, fire a 21-gun salute to the outgoing president. It was then that I realized how far America's military had deteriorated under Clinton.

Every last one of them missed.

&*&%$##@#@*&%#*#^$@^%^&^
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Stone Knife wrote:Goldwater didn't have anything to do with it!
Correct! :lol: And that's the joke. :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

The Falcon wrote:
Stone Knife wrote:Goldwater didn't have anything to do with it!
Correct! :lol: And that's the joke. :wink:
and all these years i thought the liberals were right :shock:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Blood_drinker

Post by Blood_drinker »

Give me someone worth voting for!

Blood_drinker :twisted:
Some things are necessary evils, some things are more evil than necessary.

John Le Carre