Well Canadians, Join the world of S _ _ _ !

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Claudester

Well Canadians, Join the world of S _ _ _ !

Post by Claudester »

Islamic courts get foothold in Canada
Toronto, ON, Apr. 28 (UPI)

Muslims in the Canadian province of Ontario can soon turn to settling disputes in their own courts, known as sharia, the Washington post reported.

Muslim promoters of sharia arbitration said no cases have yet been decided but the process is set. Islamic leaders created an Islamic Court of Civil Justice last fall and it has chosen arbitrators who have undergone training in sharia and Canadian civil law.

"People can agree to resolve disputes any way acceptable," said Brendan Crawley, a spokesman for the Ontario Attorney General's office said in an interview. He said the arbitration act has a number of safeguards, including the requirement that parties enter into arbitration only on a voluntary basis, and any decisions by arbitrators are subject to court ratification.

Jewish courts, using similar methods, have long been operating in Ontario. Such a court, called a Beit Din, deals with monetary, business and family disputes, but no criminal matters.

"Jewish courts have been operating in Toronto for as long as Jews have been here, hundreds of years," said Rabbi Reuven Tradburks, secretary of the Beit Din of Toronto. He said he had not heard of cases decided by arbitrators in Jewish courts that had been overturned.

Personally, I think making a martyr out of the bunch of them is a great idea.

I hope you are teaching your kids to speak Arabic. It seems that it might come in handy soon.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Doc Rocket

Only one

Post by Doc Rocket »

I have been following this goverment f*&%k u#p carefully now for about 6 months. This is test case that is being pushed through by an islamic lawyer (anyone got a rope?) and would be used only in a "small claims" type dispute. It will only be in effect if all parties agree and is as legal as "Court TV". It's akin to an out of court setttelment.

Another great idea from your local Liberal party. By the way the same system is being proposed in the US (California). Glad I live in Alberta it's a lot like Texas (worked in Texas for a few years).

Ain't nothing more useless than a dull knife or a short piece of rope"
I love my country...
It's the #*# goverment...
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Any time I have to list religion on a form, I put "Neo-Barbarian" :wink:
I guess I should demand my own court :roll: Maybe I can find myself not guilty ahead of time and save time, trouble, and money :idea: [Not guilty and the state owes me $100 for bothering me :?: ]
The Falcon

Re: Only one

Post by The Falcon »

Doc Rocket wrote: By the way the same system is being proposed in the US (California). Glad I live in Alberta it's a lot like Texas (worked in Texas for a few years).

Great! More weird stuff for California! :?
p.s. Doc, I guess that makes you a "TexaCan". :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Actually if it is limited to "small claims" type cases, it could reduce the number of stupid cases in civil court, for everyone else :idea:
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

i wonder if they hang camel russlers :roll:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

tequiza wrote:i wonder if they hang camel russlers :roll:
teq
No , they just use 'em as a Camel :shock:
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Vagrant wrote:
tequiza wrote:i wonder if they hang camel russlers :roll:
teq
No , they just use 'em as a Camel :shock:
aw,hump em :shock:
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Claudester,

I find it ironic those idiots can't get along in their own countries, move over here, then start the same lame stupid shit they were trying to get away from, but then, what else can we expect from a bunch of religious fanatics who wrap diapers around their heads?

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Claudester,

I find it ironic those idiots can't get along in their own countries, move over here, then start the same lame stupid shit they were trying to get away from, but then, what else can we expect from a bunch of religious fanatics who wrap diapers around their heads?
Best regards,
Bonz
Hey Bonz,
Get me goin on a fine Saturday morn! I live in Milwaukee WI and there are approx. 400 public and private schools and everyone of them flies old glory except for one F _ _ _ _ _G school. Yah you got it! An Islamic school where you can pick up all the fine towels you want. And I don't think you can find one gas station out of several hundred not owned by a oil head. My neighbor
runs a bank and told me that they get into those kinda businesses because of the paper cash flow and they send a lot of it home.
Thanks Bonz, I was having a nice day
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Doc Rocket

Re: Only one

Post by Doc Rocket »

The Falcon wrote:
Doc Rocket wrote: By the way the same system is being proposed in the US (California). Glad I live in Alberta it's a lot like Texas (worked in Texas for a few years).

Great! More weird stuff for California! :?
p.s. Doc, I guess that makes you a "TexaCan". :D
Ha Ha I love it TexaCan it shall be. :D :D :D :D :D :D
I love my country...
It's the #*# goverment...
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Bonzo stated:
what else can we expect from a bunch of religious fanatics who wrap diapers around their heads?
I knew I smelled something! I wonder how often they check'em!
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

daddy loco wrote:I knew I smelled something! I wonder how often they check'em
they always struck me as being a bunch of shitheads anyway.
teq
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

tequiza wrote:
daddy loco wrote:I knew I smelled something! I wonder how often they check'em
they always struck me as being a bunch of shitheads anyway.
teq
There's only one cure for the "shithead" syndrome - use a M-16 to punch holes in their skulls. 8)
This allows the excrement to drain and cures them (of EVERYTHING)! :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."