Yesterdays tragedy....

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Yesterdays tragedy....

Post by Bonzo »

Ladies, Fish, and Gentlemen,

Threw a rod in the car. Major bummer. No warning, just WHAM! Glad it didn't happen in Eugene. So, it's too cold to ride the bike, and my new tires for the truck are on order. Fug it. No Eugene this year.

Coors thirty.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

sorry to hear that mr bonz :(

hopefully you have nice bike weather until your truck is repaired!
now i don't feel so bad about not even trying to make eugene this year,
it would take a major effort to vaccuum my truck to ensure snooping noses don't find any "trace particals" in the cab - or any stray roaches long lost under the seat :lol: :lol:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Mr Bonz
In plain english that sucks. Why don't you have that bag of bones hotwire a new caddy or lincoln and go in style.Seems you are always going out of your way to help that derelict shuffling zombie and I would say payback time has arrived.
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Since the newest vehicle I own is a '90, I live in considerable fear of expensive noises myself :roll: Sorry to hear the gremlins picked on you [this time]. I have one on a charger right now, the battery won't even light the dome light :( but that's no "biggie" compared to a rod.
switchman1

eugene

Post by switchman1 »

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I too would love to go to Eugene, but the flight from Boston to Eugene would eat up any money I had for my favorite toys, I did however send a friend with a wish list, so maybe April will turn out ok for me. Mr. Bonz no trains or other transportation to get you there? Greyhound maybe? Well anyways, hope you have a good mechanic and go easy on that coors light. All the best
Switchman1
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Pushbutton-

Ah yes, we're in rare form today, 'eh? Got a succession of lucid moments right in a row, huh? Good one, gramps. At least it shows you still have enough spark in ya' to fill yer bedpan.

Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

Too bad about red's rod. If you are in need of transcendental transportation, perhaps I can come up with some little paper vehicles that you can use to travel through both time and space without leaving your occupied footprints....

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
The Falcon

Re: Yesterdays tragedy....

Post by The Falcon »

Bonzo wrote:Threw a rod in the car.

How many "R's" were you taching when the crank became separated from the piston? :?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Ended up not going either... gonna try to make it to Blade.
Sorry to hear of the mechanical probs.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.