RIP Nick Wagner (Horizinod)

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whippersnapper

RIP Nick Wagner (Horizinod)

Post by whippersnapper »

I just got word from long time member Butch that Nick Wagner passed away in his sleep January 6. Nick and his wife Joyce have owned Horizon Blade works for years (nicnac.net). I'm sure many members have done business with him over the years and met him at blade show. He was opinionated and liked to butt heads sometimes but was a damn good guy once you got to know him. Hopefully Joyce will keep the business going. They were always a top notch dealer that has been in business for a long time
Prayers for Joyce and the family.
sammy the blade

Re: RIP Nick Wagner (Horizinod)

Post by sammy the blade »

Sorry to hear this but going out in your sleep, the best way to go!
2024 candidate for president
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I remember Nick well, and have wondered from time to time how he was doing. Back around 2005 he and Brad Skipper had a feud that spilled over to several forums, including Talkblade. I remain convinced that Nick and his followers, and Skipper with his followers, wrecked the Teddy's Place forum. Nick and I got into it on several occasions. He had a habit of seeing the dark cloud and not the silver lining. My last communications with him were private and very civil. He asked for an opinion on a law enforcement issue he was dealing with. I was glad to take his side in the matter.

It was no surprise to me that he was a successful business man. He had a knack for not letting go. He was obviously intelligent, unfailingly outspoken.

RIP Horizonod/Illuminaughty

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

RIP......Sorry to hear this
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

I also remember Horizinod. May his soul rest in eternal peace.
sammy the blade

Nick and I used to email each other cuttin on old Skipper seeing who could insult him or his wife the best. Those were the days!!!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Sorry to read this, Nick and I exchanged some nice messages. I believe he lived in Western N.C.

Jim
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

Rest in Peace Horizinod. . . . . we only chatted a few times. .. .
Godspeed and good fortune to your survivors, may your pain diminish with fond memories.
boots

Post by boots »

whippersnapper wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:27 am I just got word from long time member Butch that Nick Wagner passed away in his sleep January 6. Nick and his wife Joyce have owned Horizon Blade works for years (nicnac.net). I'm sure many members have done business with him over the years and met him at blade show. He was opinionated and liked to butt heads sometimes but was a damn good guy once you got to know him. Hopefully Joyce will keep the business going. They were always a top notch dealer that has been in business for a long time
Prayers for Joyce and the family.
I've been buying from them since 2001, I've never met them, but Joyce has always been a sweetheart when problems arose with my order, a couple of times I ordered swiveled bolstered Latamas and ended up with picklocks at no extra cost. I ordered a knife yesterday and it shipped 2/14 so Joyce is still running things as of today.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

That is good to hear.
boots

Post by boots »

I see the website has been shut down, what a shame.
https://www.nicnac.net/
sammy the blade

We are all going to go sometime, fact of life. We don't have to like it but we have to accept it.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

boots wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:58 pm I see the website has been shut down, what a shame.
https://www.nicnac.net/
Maybe it is really temporary.