windows xp

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

windows xp

Post by missaman »

Okay I dont like the photo program in windows xp
I do like photosuite which came with my camera...
How do I disable one and use the other?
Which program is the xp photo system? Its not labeled well
My computer automaticly opens an pics on floppy disk. to xp :x
Thanks
Missaman
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

missaman, when your camera connects to your pc, a window should open saying what camera is connected, asking which program you want to open with, highlight your camera's software or the one you prefer and check the box to make it the default, then ok it. Try that. It should open your software and go to it everytime you connect.
The program that came with the XP might be Photo Suite 4 Platinum or 5. There should also be the Microsoft Picture It! that comes with XP.
Your computer is set to open any CD and read, that's why it does that. I can't remember how to turn that off. It may be in your (default)windows media player settings. Hopefully someone else around here has more knowledge.
NoneOfTheAbove
Location: It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

here's how to make it stick in XP.

Post by NoneOfTheAbove »

On my machine telling that little dialog box "Always Do The Selected Action" doesn't last past the next reboot.
There's probably two ways to do this so it sticks, one being when you install the "Camera Photosuite" (or re-install it (?)) and another by assigning file types to applications.
The first method is pretty self-explanitory, you make those choices during the install Wizard- choose custom installation (usually), and tell the application which files it can link to as default. But those options differ depending on which app it is. Some might not have any choices at all.

The second option:
Here's how to associate a file type with an application:

Open Windows Explorer (Start- Programs- Accessories)

Go to Tools- Folder Options. Click File Types Tab and wait while it populates the list.

Now Scroll down the box until you find .BMP and select it by clicking once. It will probably display something like, "Opens with Crappy XP Suite" or "Paint".

Click the "Change" button. A list of the available applications will apear, so choose "Camera Photosuite" (whatver it's called) by double-clicking it.

If "Camera Photosuite" does not appear on the list, choose the Other button and browse to the .exe of "Camera Photosuite" and select it.

Now all .BMP's will open only with that application, no matter how they got in the machine, CD, Floppy, or Internet..

Go down the list of file types and pick out the graphic files you use (JPE, JPG, JFIF, TIFF, RAW,) and assign them to "Camera Photosuite" or whatever app you prefer.

This will last until you go back to that File Types tab and change them to something else.

Open favorite refreshing beverage.
NSC 5412