The Official J-Man Coup d'etat Thread

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Should J-Man be overthrown

Yes he should be stripped of all moderating privileges
6%
Yes but only after a treason hearing
33%
See ya buddy, was nice knowing ya, stop back some time
11%
Welcome Benny you'll make a Great Moderator
50%

Total votes: 18

stepdaddy

The Official J-Man Coup d'etat Thread

Post by stepdaddy »

Edit
Last edited by stepdaddy on Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

edit
Last edited by stepdaddy on Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. StepDaddy-

I'm all for public flaying followed by summary immolation in the pit at Doofoid Compound, Mount Zoomie. Or, AS an especially brutal punishment, be made to become Pushbutton's new houseboy.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

I don't know if this is for real or not but since it was brought up I'll throw in my two cents. I do believe we need moderators to control many different things that arise here, from Mr. Pickadicks to flaming to possibly a feud between members. I believe when a moderator decides to be absent for an unusual amount of time and doesn't confer with the other moderators something should be done. On the same note I still can't figure out why Dan-o the Ritalin Kid is a moderator, his explanation the last time I asked was he is always watching. Well watching ain't enough of a reason for me. I have gotten to know quite a few of you guys in our own way and that's what its about. The Mods that have been here a while must know Dan but who of the last 100 members has seen even one of his posts. Back to J-Man, I think the Mods should have a pow wow and get back to us and tell us what they think should happen and then see what the members want. I do agree with Stepdaddy that Benny should be in for a mods position if there would be an opening.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Claudester,

You are right that the purpose for the many Moderators is to have a quick response to trolls etc, and that someone can't moderate if they are not here.

I too declined to vote

Jim
Last edited by jim d, on Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Stepdaddy,

I will decline said vote for now. I still kinda like my warm fuzzy Canuckian friend who lurks in the shadows. Kinda like the younger cousin you always mistreated, and was always the bane of crude jokes, but always forgave you and came back for more.

Did something happen on Bali-island that yer ol' pal didn't hear about or something?

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Stepdaddy,

I will decline said vote for now. I still kinda like my warm fuzzy Canuckian friend who lurks in the shadows. Kinda like the younger cousin you always mistreated, and was always the bane of crude jokes, but always forgave you and came back for more.

Did something happen on Bali-island that yer ol' pal didn't hear about or something?
Best regards,
Bonz
Hi Bonz,
Its not a question of like or dislikeing anyone. If I couldn't perform my job anylonger where I work, I'd have to step down. I can see why there are the amount of moderaters that there are just from some of the shit that has gone on here. But when you take those numbers away, your taking away from the quality of a forum we have here. I mean, who can keep an eye on this place 24-seven? The Mods do a great job but it takes all of them. I guess some of us are assuming to much anyway. Has anyone talked to J-Man? I don't even know the man so I'm sure one of you has spoken to him, HUH
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Claudester,

Gee whiz, his last post was 8 days ago. That doesn't mean he's hiding or anything. Maybe he doesn't have anything to say. What if he's shacked up with a hot broad and a case of JD and doesn't want to share with us? I wouldn't blame the poor buggar. I say we leave the poor lad alone, and let his river runs its course. Hell, I was gone for a week, and nobody gave a rats ass about that!

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Claudester,

Gee whiz, his last post was 8 days ago. That doesn't mean he's hiding or anything. Maybe he doesn't have anything to say. What if he's shacked up with a hot broad and a case of JD and doesn't want to share with us? I wouldn't blame the poor buggar. I say we leave the poor lad alone, and let his river runs its course. Hell, I was gone for a week, and nobody gave a rats ass about that!
Best regards,
Bonz
I agree with you Bonz, thats why I asked if anyone has spoken to him. I am just responding to a thread and maybe it should be more general. If any moderator would for some unknown reason not show up for an extended time without saying boo, something should be said and done. I've been here for about three years including the old forum and the moderators haven't changed much. I don't think I knew what a moderator was for the first year. Anyway, if hes got that hot one, more power to him.
No one has said anything about the question about Dan-O, whats the story on that one. Is that one O.K. to not be active at all or I should say hardly.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

did I say something?
Last edited by stepdaddy on Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

yadda yadda yadda
Last edited by stepdaddy on Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Like Mr Bonz I refrain from voting. I told him earlier that I'm more worried for the fried Canuck since he never stays out this late. 8)
PB
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

SD
You get that drag outfit on and come on over and I'll tell you what involved.
PB
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

yawn :roll:
Last edited by stepdaddy on Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
sakura

Post by sakura »

can I take over bali island?