Green Eye

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Green Eye

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

Science guy rumor hazzit that this evening, 1/12/23, just before and after midnight, for the first time in 50,000 years, a comet will pass into our visual range. It is said that it will be a green glowing eye in the sky, visible just above northeastern horizon here in Fornicalia, check your own location to see if you can verify where you are.
If one sees a 'green eye' in the sky after midnight, coincidentally mine 66th birthday, please gladly send me the thoughtful gift...

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
jerryk25

Re: Green Eye

Post by jerryk25 »

Happy fetal eruption anniversary !
You're the age you remember Mercury 7, , ,and Gemini . . .
and the song "Telstar" . . .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ee6p4z29Q

Cloudy in Pittsburgh at 1:19am after midnight , , no joy . . . .

I remember seeing a pretty cool comet some 20 or 25 years ago, I forget it's name or number.
That there it was, a huge comet tail flying right by the earth . . .
It was not a photo, or drawing, it was this real thing flying past earth. . .
I remember my Father-in-Law passing away soon after. . .how weird. . . .

I used to really be into astronomy and learning constellations.
I still log onto "Heavens Above" and they tell space station times it's visible.
And they track just about everything.
a page for Comets . . .https://heavens-above.com/Comets.aspx?l ... t=0&tz=UCT
But in my old age, I have photo blindness spots on the centers of my eyes (like old fashioned flash camera green dots)
and I'm a really curved hunchback. So I have to sit down in a recliner/deck chair. and stare for a long time.

I used to sit in my sisters swimming pool all night long with a wet towel over my head and a floatation thingy.
Steam coming up off the water. Cool night air, warm water.
I would have strange thoughts like . . "Aren't we lucky that water exits in liquid form on earth. . .
Here I am sitting in this big glob of clear sparkly water, looking up at infinity. . .I can see so very far away."
and
I wish I had a dome glass roof on my house so I could do this all winter. . . .

Alas. . . my LapTop screen must satisfy me now. . .