Fornicalia Is a- shaking!

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Fornicalia Is a- shaking!

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings Legion Of Fan-

Earlier this day, a seismic event to the Richter scale of 6.0 tremored in the north of SF. Eye neither saw nor felt any entertaining earth movements.
I have always enjoyed a nice quake, and have some fine roofing tales of madness AS related.
Rumored has it that our own ol' pal, Mr. Doofus Emeritus, was somewhat located in the epicenter radius, but felt nothing, he was busily quaking in his boot, and regaling in his faults.
I heard the earth 'rumble' one time whence I was atop a curved sheet metal dormer eyebrow roof adjoining a steep mansard out by the Cliff House in SF, reported to be 3.4 scale. I had to instantly begin clinging, rode it out, straight to bar.

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: Fornicalia Is a- shaking!

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

stay safe Wally.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Earthquakes are nature's way of saying "Hello, here's a surprise for ya!"
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

When I was a kid I thought I felt an earthquake, turned out it was the neighbors poodle humping my leg. Think I made his earthquake from the residue on my pants leg.
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Sammy, you never forget your first time.... :wink:
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Pretty sure it wasn't old Sparkys first time though. Wish it was as good for me as it was for Sparky, I didn't even get a belly rub.
2024 candidate for president
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

Never felt an Earthquake. . . . .When I was about 9, jets were breaking the sound barrier often, we were close to Pittsburgh 3 Airports, one was a National Guard Military Base. I remember my first Sonic Boom. . .A sudden overpressure that shook the house, rattled windows (old single pane wood frames) and knocked stuff off shelves, followed by the loud but diminishing roar. . . .I remember knowing what it was, (Jets and Green Berets and "the Kingston Trio" were the thing) . . .but my Mom was running gathering kids shouting "Earthquake !. . . . Then when private Lear Jets were sold, they started outlawing supersonic flight over Urban areas. . . .
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Corpse,

No, I was nowhere near the latest shaker. I'm encamped on a big project near Reno at Nowheresville. Speaking of Reno, lots of edged goodies with buttons there!

Mr. Jerry,

Anyone who has lived on the Left Coast for a few years will have a few rollers and shakers under their belt. Just ask Wally. Every time he mentions my name in front of his wife, the ground starts shaking...

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson