U.S.A. is not united

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kaosinla

U.S.A. is not united

Post by kaosinla »

I don't know were everybody is from and I don't want to insult anyone, but after moving from PA. to Los Angeles, CA. post-9/11, it's as though I moved to a different country. I'm sickened daily watching the news and seeing such insensitivity to what actually happened to this country and the cost we paid. People on the street, newspeople, celebrities, are more concerned about the treatment of the enemy than our own citizens. Political correctness and international concern highly outweighs U.S. priorities or protecting this country. 9/11 is a video-bite to them. The war on terrorism is just an excuse to protest and spit on the country in front of cameras. Although I'd like to believe it won't happen, it's inevitable another attack will happen on U.S. soil. And, I won't give a damn if it happens in Los Angeles.

I apologize for being so harsh, but I knew people in those towers, and I'll never forget or treat 9/11 as some rogue incident that the U.S. caused for just being a great country.

Had to vent....
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

kaosinla
no need to apologize,your 100 % right,
it's been the same for years,going back to viet nam when our own troups were spit on,these bleeding heart liberals are the asshole of this country!
there to stupid to realize that if the people there protesting for were in power here, they would be the 1ST ones shot.
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

At the risk of being labeled a pariah around here, perhaps the people you cite are very aware of what happened on 9/11 but are troubled at the administration's response to it, especially a self-serving war in Iraq with no clear end strategy. Patriots can support our troops 100% but still criticize the people whose decisions put them in harm's way. Besides, who cares what celebrities' opinions are anyway, be it Garofalo or Dennis Miller?

I, too, moved from PA to Los Angeles but a long time ago. I still read my hometown newspaper and stay in touch with family and friends and you're right -- it is like 2 different countries. There are a lot of things to dislike about Los Angeles, but bigotry and prejudice and extremism and knee-jerk reactions are everywhere, even in PA.

I mean no offense to anyone with my post. This is an issue that's obviously more complex than can be discussed on any message board. I mourn what's happened to political discourse in this country, from the left and from the right. Compromise wasn't always a dirty word.

Thanks for letting me express my opinion.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Nicely put Jarvis.
I support our troops 100% I support the people who sent them there 0%. Wouldn't it be a nice world if we could switch them around, bring the boys home and send the money grubbing bunch of lying hypocritical thieves running our country to replace them.
PB

I want to go on official record as thinking of all politicians this way and it was Kerry who stole my line the other day.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Never apologize for a good opinion.
The people who defend terrorists are IDIOTS [and traitors]. Our war on terror is very poorly planned and executed. We should not declare war [or wage it] on entire countries to get a few terrorists. We should hunt down and kill terrorists wherever they are. If we go into another country to get them, that country should meet us at the border and hand them over or get out of the way. Only if they try to protect terrorists is it time to fight them and that should apply to anyone in our way. We should not use our military might to handle a job that could be done by a few bullets from a few good assassins. [The congressional ban on assassination should be repealed and forgotten.]
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

i would like to see the people running, or should i say ruining countries fight the wars they start! don't think there would be very many wars if this was the case. maybe we could elect goldberg or the rock for president!
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Al
You mean it's illegal to assinate someone :shock:
PB
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Pushbutton wrote:Al
You mean it's illegal to assinate someone :shock:
PB
yeah, somebody better tell these terrorists that they are breaking the law!

-Teq
butch

Post by butch »

sammy da blade wrote:i would like to see the people running, or should i say ruining countries fight the wars they start! don't think there would be very many wars if this was the case. maybe we could elect goldberg or the rock for president!
You got that right!
kaosinla

Post by kaosinla »

I too believe political discourse is dead, and there is no clear-cut choice no matter what end of the spectrum your on. On one side you have an administration who puts the military in harms way, on the other side you would have an administration that puts the military in the unemployment line and at the command of the U.N.

That's all I hear in CA. The U.N. this and internationalize that. In my opinion, the only thing that is united about the U.N. is when they need the U.S. for help, and refusal, when the U.S. needs them. The way I see things, CA is so culturally diverse, that it's been reduced to a mere holding area to leach off of until going back to home countries. Also, there is an extreme lack of accountability. When did we lose calling a spade a spade (not racist). There is always an excuse for peoples actions albeit psychological/emotional problems, oppression, etc.
So, instead, of just calling things the way they are, we treat every person and country as a rehabilitation center.

I see it like sports, sure I don't like every play the coach puts in, but if your not for the home team, get the hell out of the stadium.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

SD
Last edited by stepdaddy on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

kaosinla wrote:but if your not for the home team, get the hell out of the stadium.
that's it in a nutshell!
my father came to this country from germany in 1926,nobody gave him jackshit,he had to have a sponser,learn the language,have a job,and become an american citizen,he hated what hitler had done to germany and spoke out against it many times.
i can remember him saying how thankfull he was for having the chance to become an american,and how proud he was of it!
whoever doesn't like america can kiss my skinny white ass!
get on the next boat and get the hell out!
teq
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Get the U.S. out of Iraq :!:

(and into Iran and Syria)
Let's track down and whack everyone of those rat bastards where ever they're hiding! :?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

Mr. Jarvis and others have made good points in stating that supporting people in the military is a distinctly different matter than blindly supporting the tasks to which they may be put.

Some interesting reading on this very subject may be had in Chalmers Johnson's new book, The Sorrows of Empire : Militarism, Secrecy, and the End of the Republic.

The Department of Defense currently lists 725 official U.S. military bases outside of our country and 969 within the 50 states (not adding in numerous secret bases). According to Johnson, these bases are proof that the "United States prefers to deal with other nations through the use or threat of force rather than negotiations, commerce, or cultural interaction."

What if Grand Fenwick had 35 military bases in the USA, telling us what to do? How would we like it? :wink:
kaosinla

Post by kaosinla »

Yeah, every country blames us for being all over the world, but crys when we aren't. They want us to leave, and beg us to stay. They'll complain about the American G.I., but never about the American Dollar. The way I act in my personal life is exactly how the U.S. should act, preemptively. Face it, the last positive thing to come out of the mid-east was Jesus Christ. I think they've had plenty enough time to plot the west's destruction. There's no such thing as negotiation, commerce, or understanding the culture. They are on a holy mission with the guarantees of 72 virgins when they die. No matter what we do, in their eyes, we are evil and living in sin (everyone of us, liberal and conservative) And when it comes to conflict, there's no compromise when a God is involved. In the history of the world, more people have died in the name of God than any other cause. Oh, and I felt the exact same way on September 10, 2001. I miss the days of secrecy, covert operations, and basic military might. I don't need to know what's going on, which everyone think's is there right to know. I'll sleep good at night knowing that there are people evoking the fifth freedom, so that I can wake up intact. The U.S. is in an incredibly unique positiion being the most loved, hated, feared, and respected country in the world. We're not perfect, but we are progressing, whereas it seems many other countries are taking a step back.

I seen a couple of month ago, japanese-americans protesting the display of the enola gay at the Nat'l Museum of Aviation, saying their proclaiming that the world should never see an attrocity like Hiroshima and Nagasaki again. How about a protest to proclaim that there never should be a Pearl Harbor again. But, we would never say that because it would offend them. The ACLU would be so far up our ass, we'd be brushing their teeth in the morning. I can burn the flag, but can't pledge allegiance to it.

I expect a lot of things out of elected officials, but most of all I expect protection. I think I'm finally getting some now. It's hard to believe that on 9/11 we were more unsafe than in the 80's, when thousands of ICBM's were pointed directly at us. I know longer value the interests of the world, only the interests of the U.S. If this means that our boys have to go play capture the crazy flag all over the world or flash the portobello, sobeit.