Roofing job of nightmares for Wally J corpse.

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jerryk25

Re: Roofing job of nightmares for Wally J corpse.

Post by jerryk25 »

I used to have to layout floor equipment. With a spray can and a stencil.
I did the floor plan drawings, so I knew positions best. . . So I had to often mark steel and concrete floors.
Hours of standing in an unheated warehouse, kneeling and bending over.
We had canning machines with stackers and Lid machines, weigh scales, filling stations,
and powered and gravity conveyors. and power panels and safety fences.
They would set equipment where I marked, drill holes in the floor and drop in bolts with Quick-Epoxy-concrete.
I'm a hunchback now with bad knees and hips.
Attachments
can-stacker-small2.jpg
can-stacker-small2.jpg (117.22 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
can-header-small2.jpg
can-header-small2.jpg (111.5 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

We had a chemical building called "Lead Leech" . . .
It was right out of the Batman movie with Jack Nicholson
where he falls into a vat of acid and becomes the Joker.

That was MY personal nightmare, wearing a respirator with Ammonia gas absorption cartridges.
I had to label piping and valves for three weeks with stencils and spray paint.

Another nightmare was Numbering the stadium chairs at the Meadows racetrack
when I was a teenager. 3000 seats.
Sets of paper stencils and spray paint. . . I didn't wear a T-Shirt and got sunburned.
After two days my lips and fingers were numb from absorbing paint thinner and paint.
By the end of the week my whole body was buzzing.
Attachments
postcard-clubhouse-p004.jpg
postcard-clubhouse-p004.jpg (223.68 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

jerryk25 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:52 pmAnother nightmare was Numbering the stadium chairs at the Meadows racetrack
when I was a teenager. 3000 seats.
Sets of paper stencils and spray paint. . . I didn't wear a T-Shirt and got sunburned.
After two days my lips and fingers were numb from absorbing paint thinner and paint.
By the end of the week my whole body was buzzing.
Did you get free admission to the Jockey Club?
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

I crawled over every inch of the place, but never during the racing time.
I got free lunches on some days. I painted signs, I walked / fed / brushed horses, Saddle soaped leather tackle.
And shoveled shit. . . .and inhaled the dust . . .and got bit by horse flies.
I worked the pre-electronic scoreboard like Vanna White on wheel of fortune posting Odds. (from inside)
And met Jay Silverheels (the original Tonto of the TV show the Lone Ranger.)
I have a celebrity autograph book you wouldn't believe.

But the Jockey Club was After my Time. . . .
The Jockeys used to hang out in a rooftop awning area above the "Paddock" on the far side of the track.
(the paddock was a race prep area where horses were assigned numbered-colored blankets at each race.)

The Meadows was first "The Clubhouse", half stadium seats and half glassed in Restaurant tables.
Gambling License for a half year was Mountain Laurel Racing, then 6 months Meadows Racing Corp.
Food was "Harry M. Stevens Corp." . . .(for a while I moved beer kegs and mopped floors)
Between throwing bales of straw/hay up onto trucks and moving 15 gallon half kegs without shaking them
gave me great shoulders and lats. And may have contributed to my current hunchback.

Later , on the lower left where there are umbrellas, the built "The Adios Room",
a place for "High Rollers".

Much Later they built "The Two Minute Club" . . on the far right. . .Exclusively for horse owners.

Me, friggin 50 years ago. My harness racing license. back in the days I wore cowboy boots and denim.
bell bottom jeans and sideburns. . . .That jacket was destined to become my Aerosmith jacket. . .
Which I had not yet painted. . . My niece borrowed the jacket and it got stolen. . .Photoshop replica of jacket.
Attachments
01-b-Aerosmith_Rocks_Sticker__8.jpg
01-b-Aerosmith_Rocks_Sticker__8.jpg (65.64 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
racing-license.jpg
racing-license.jpg (41.47 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

hey!, I have seen that picture in the post office, lol.
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

The government has my fingerprints and / or photo for
Harness Racing License from 1969-1980,
Ft.Benning I.D. Univ. Pittsburgh ROTC
Strategical Metals Facility Pistol Permit 1984,
Working for a Class 3 gun manufacturer 1995,
and being detained at the Chinese Embassy in New York City for Loitering 1989 ? .

They investigated me because my Mother was an assistant to the ambassador to Lithuania.
She traveled there before the Iron Curtain fell. . .
they don't need to post an image at the post office . . .they know who I am.

My big brother got me the job, he was a liaison for visiting celebrities. . . PUBLICITY
so I often was a "gopher" behind the scenes. Moving Ice sculptures. . .
I walked around with a banjo and played Maple leaf rag between races.
I was a "door guard" at a dressing room for Steelers Cheerleaders when they performed at
the mid-race stretch "halftime". I set up balloon drops for parties. . .
I had to build a fake football goal post, erect it and take it down in a half hour, for a contest.
I had to set time on thousands of free giveaway digital watches, or give away plastic beer mugs.
I had to wire brush poop off hundreds of used horseshoes and paint them gold to give away.
I painted hundreds of banners saying. . . . " (insert famous name) autograph day next week"

Celebrities in my autograph book.(besides Tonto, whom I walked his horse)
and not counting Horse People like jockey Eddie Arcaro .
there were a lot of celebrity horse owners, or sports heroes paid to sign autographs.

Jackie Mayer Townsend, Miss America 1963, "Chilly Billy" Cardille Monster Movie Host Chiller Theater.
---Baseball- Kent Tekulve Pirate Pitcher, Carl Hubble pitcher New York Giants "old square pants"
Bill Mazeroski outfielder Pittsburgh Pirates,
---Football - Steelers Terry Bradshaw, Mean Joe Green, Steve Furness, Louis Lipps, Steeler Receiver,
Mr. Rooney owner (late) Pittsburgh Steelers (my big brother is still friends with his son Tom.)
---Music - Mercer Ellington, son of Duke Ellington. Joe Negri Jazz Guitarist, Richard Street the Temptations
Jon Bon Jovi, Rick Derringer (hang on sloopy), Mike Love Beach Boys,

Once , Telly Savalas (Kojak) was there and he was pissed that we picked him up at the airport in his light green
crappy car that he was seen on the TV show riding. . . .We had to get a Limo fast. . .

many people I talked with, but didn't dare ask for names, but everyone knew who they were.
a bunch of politicians, a bunch of old suspicious Italians in polo shirts with white leather shoes and white belts,

I have to find the book and refresh my memories. . .
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

I apologize for this long off-topic post.
I'm stuck in my house in a sort of medical house arrest. . . .
with nothing to do today. Except wait for the mail and finish my crossword puzzle.

Normally I would have posted this on SharperDeals . . .
but I can't seem to login . . . it rejects my I.P. address, and says I tried too many times.

I'm about to give up . . . I'm sort of sad, because That website saved my sanity 20 years ago.
and Bob Chopra helped me find my Unicorn Gravity knife.
Attachments
Blue-Pill-001.jpg
Blue-Pill-001.jpg (81.79 KiB) Viewed 1019 times
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

jerryk25 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:21 pm Normally I would have posted this on SharperDeals . . .
but I can't seem to login . . . it rejects my I.P. address, and says I tried too many times. I'm about to give up . . .
I'm sort of sad, because That website saved my sanity 20 years ago.
and Bob Chopra helped me find my Unicorn Gravity knife.
Seems to be working now. Try it and let us know. Will pass problems, if any, to Bob.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

That was a pretty interesting Jerry. Keep them coming.
2024 candidate for president