I'll be leaving for Baja during the wee hours.

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I'll be leaving for Baja during the wee hours.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Pray for my safety and success. (I'll see what I can find in the way of Rizzy-style blades while I am there).

Blessings to all.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Re: I'll be leaving for Baja during the wee hours.

Post by sammy the blade »

Enjoying yourself.
2024 candidate for president
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

have a good time.
john

Post by john »

Good luck knife hunting!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Have fun and be safe ! Look for knives !! Pictures !!
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

How do they say it ? . . . . Vaya con Dios . . . come back safe and sound.
frosolone

Post by frosolone »

There was a little shop at La Bufador a few years ago had carved pearl handles for a Colt single action 45, if you're near there let me know if they still have them. Thanks and enjoy your trip.
Fishtail Picklock

I drove from my room at the Hotel Aqua Rio at 8:30 pm yesterday (March 27th) to the border crossing at San Ysidro, CA. (I hadn't slept since 7:30 that morning). After departing US Customs at 10:15 pm, I drove 1109 miles to the farmhouse outside North Plains, OR (from San Ysidro) in 22 hours, 15 minutes.

I bought a red Chinese scale-release, coil-fired, auto for $25 and smuggled it in my sports jacket pocket.
Fishtail Picklock
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Being awake for 37 hours straight and driving for 24 of them is setting a pretty high bar. Glad you got back in one piece to enjoy the Red Red auto.
Fishtail Picklock

natcherly wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:41 pm Being awake for 37 hours straight and driving for 24 of them is setting a pretty high bar. Glad you got back in one piece to enjoy the Red Red auto.
Thanks. The drive was made easier by my '05 Jaguar S-Type. The 3.0-liter engine returned between 29-30 miles to the gallon of premium gasoline and drove beautifully every mile of the way. My computer said that I was traveling over 533 miles on an 18.5-gallon tank of fuel.

My old Jag is a real runner.
Fishtail Picklock
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

glad that you had a good time, and that the jag is running well.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Glad you had a good time and got at least one knife! Did you see many more for sale? Did you shoot the fireworks on the beach this time? Get your shoes?
sammy the blade

That's a long haul straight through! I'd of had to stop at least five times to pee!
Fishtail Picklock

sammy the blade wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:01 pm That's a long haul straight through! I'd of had to stop at least five times to pee!
Tom19176 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:37 am Glad you had a good time and got at least one knife! Did you see many more for sale? Did you shoot the fireworks on the beach this time? Get your shoes?
I saw plenty of Chinese autos (lots of "Stiletto" imitations of Italian knives). They were fine but didn't interest me.

I went to Rosarito and bought five M200 firecrackers, 2 dozen Black Cat firecrackers, and a dozen bottle rockets (with report). I set most of them off that afternoon at Playa de Rosarito (Rosarito Beach). I set off two of the five-pack of M200 firecrackers at Playa de Tijuana. (I didn't dare bring back the remaining 3 M200 "'crackers" so I gave them away). :cry:

I did buy two pairs of commercial Mexican-made (Antonio Baccloni brand) shoes for about $34.00 (USD) per pair. They are great shoes for the price and I should have bought more, but these will have to do for now. This brand of shoe is made in Jalisco, Mexico and for the money, is worth it. (BTW, they were Identical in style, but one pair is brown, the other, black).

I stopped to pee several times on the road back, but sadly became constipated and the drive northwest felt as if I had a colon full of rocks. :oops: :cry:

All in all, I had a great time
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Glad you made it without dumping a load, I just hate it when that happens and I'm driving! Hate it, just hate it.