Happy 246th birthday, USMC

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Happy 246th birthday, USMC

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Today is the 246th anniversary of the establishment of the United States Marine Corps. Semper Fidelis!
Fishtail Picklock
jerryk25

Re: Happy 246th birthday, USMC

Post by jerryk25 »

Hoo-rah Leathernecks . .

Just remember. . .Rangers Lead the Way.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Re: Happy 246th birthday, USMC

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. FTP,

Dad was soon to be shipped to Korea not long after that conflict broke out, and my grandparents in fear of losing their last son (my uncle, 1st Marine Div. was KIA on Okinawa), petitioned the Marine Corp. commandant and put a stop to Dad going overseas. A good thing, as most his buddies were wiped out. He never got over the loss of his brother, or his buddies, but still respected his parents decision.

In November of 1945 during the occupation of Japan, a Marine cook was preparing turkeys for the USMC birthday feast. A large crowd of Japanese citizens were watching, and had never seen a turkey before. The only thing they had were scrawny chickens. The cook, knowing this, held up a large turkey to the crowd and proclaimed " This, you idiots, is an American chicken! This is why you lost the war!" An interpreter translated the cooks English to the crowd, and the response was 'Ahsoo'!

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson