I have been buying silver rings on Revolution Avenue.

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I have been buying silver rings on Revolution Avenue.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

While I've been on Revolution Avenue I have been (without success) fighting the urge to buy Mexican Sterling Silver rings. For a female friend I bought a ring with a leaf pattern and an amethyst stone. For her son, I bought one with Black Opal stripes inlaid into the top.
For myself, I bought one with a diagonal Malachite (green) diagonal stripe and a pinky ring for my left hand with a beautiful blue opal triangle section on one corner of the top. Most of these ran from $30.00 to $35.00 (USD).

Is anyone else on the forum fond of rings? Silver, Gold, Platinum?
Fishtail Picklock
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: I have been buying silver rings on Revolution Avenue.

Post by natcherly »

In my early teens my mom bought me a Mexican gold St. Christopher medal while spending time in Ensenada with my dad. I guess she was hoping it would protect me against doing stupid teen stuff. (Didn't work.) After a while I had to stop wearing it as my chest broke out in a rash right where the medal sat. Don't know what was in that gold alloy, but it could have been anything including lead from old car batteries.
Fishtail Picklock

The rings here are really nice. My Blue Opal "pinky" ring fits extremely well and is fast becoming a favorite. it is impressive-looking without a gaudy appearance. The Malachite ring is on my right ring finger, and I moved my .925 Mexican Silver plain band to my left middle finger. These are nice rings that don't have the "flashy" or ostentatious "Hey, look at me" presence.

I prefer to have a "professional" or "dressy" look, Not like some mafia figure or a whorehouse pimp.
Fishtail Picklock
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

Yeah, I like rings, white or yellow gold. I've got a few pinky rings and a few ring finger ones I wear now and again.
You know about opals ? They need a bit of care.
Fishtail Picklock

I just bought a .925 Mexican Sterling Silver pinky ring with an elongated (lateral) diamond-shaped flat top It has two diagonal pieces of turquoise set into the silver. I love it.
Fishtail Picklock
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Silver rings your butt ! Them's washers !! Damn
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Fishtail Picklock wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:17 am Is anyone else on the forum fond of rings? Silver, Gold, Platinum?
Mr. FTP,

My last ring was launched in the direction of the now ex Mrs. Bonz. I very much however, hope you enjoy yours!

Ringlessly yours,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Fishtail Picklock

I DO enjoy Tijuana and its residents/people. I am a truly gregarious individual that likes to make friends wherever I go. The "Ugly American" really irritates me. I have more than a few compatriots south of the border.

I love the people and their attitude.
Fishtail Picklock