I'm heading back to Tijuana.

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Re: I'm heading back to Tijuana.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

No boxes. These are sitting in the display cases of the curio shops. I know of at least four, Some have the plastic-coated slide-lock button.
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The plastic button were on the very last run if these which was still several years ago......
Fishtail Picklock

Would they be worth buying?
Fishtail Picklock
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

If you can get them for around 20 bucks I would pick up a couple. You should be able to easily flip them for more when you get back. Help fund your next knife purchase for something you want.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

YES they would be....You could pay for your trip with enough of them...lol
Fishtail Picklock

Well, I bought two of the plastic button safety variants. They are in perfect condition and if anyone wants one, you can buy one from me when I get back home. I hope that someone wants one of these "Rizzuto Clones". They're stamped "TAIWAN" on the swing guards. :)
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

I wish that someone that wants one of these would speak up. They are better than I previously thought. These are on a par with the old "Rizzuto Estillto Milano" knives from Bell of Korea.
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

When you get back list them on the sale part here. Not everyone reads this section. The Rizzuto ones were made in Japan. The Bell Metal modles were made in Korea. The ones with the plastic safety are from Twain and are about the same as the Bell Metal ones in quality. I am sure uou will sell them quickly. If you post them I will add the info to a few FB sites I am on. What size did you bet the 9" open?
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

I bought a 10-inch Korean swing guard in Nogales in 1989. I carried it some and the guards eventually fell off and I gave it to a friend. I wish I had put it up and kept it. I had one of the 9-inch ones too that my cousin bought for me in 1984 and I sold it in the early 90s, but found one at a gun show several years ago for 15 bucks.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

I found nothing close to an automatic knife in Tijuana when I visited, and I intentionally went to the shadiest swap meets possible. Good on you for finding stuff!
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Fishtail Picklock

I actually found two Taiwan models and what appears to be a Japanese Rizzuto-style swing guard. I bought all three and a cheap Chinese Milano to boot. The Rizzuto-type knife looks to be about 7" in length and is a "spittin' image" of the originals (embossed bail and all). The only thing missing is the Rizzuto Estiletto Milano stamped on the blade. At the ricasso, above the unstamped swing guard it reads, "stainless steel".
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

That unmarked Japan one is worth the most !
Fishtail Picklock

Tom19176 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:45 am That unmarked Japan one is worth the most !
That's is why I snagged it. It is a beauty! The blade is slightly scuffed from years of sitting in a case> The blade sits deep and looks tight in both the open and closed positions. The scales are still shiny, and I am thrilled to have this old "Rizzuto". (They're not making any more like these). It had to have been made during the late 1960s or early 1970s. What a find!
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Yes you did well with that one ! Just wondering, are switchblades openly sold or just hidden in a display case so not to stand out? Amazing that some of these have been there for sale so long !
Fishtail Picklock

Tom19176 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:52 am Yes you did well with that one! Just wondering, are switchblades openly sold or just hidden in a display case so not to stand out? Amazing that some of these have been there for sale so long!
These are openly sold in the case at "El Girasol" and other shops on Revolution Avenue. Come down and look, ask questions and look closely. You'll be surprised at what you may find.
Fishtail Picklock