So what you all going to do?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whippersnapper

Re: So what you all going to do?

Post by whippersnapper »

Lucentcrow wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:33 pm I’m a contractor for a trust in london the buildings are Georgian and the main building is a quad for old people, it’s called Morden college and I am the joiner that’s restored remakes the doors windows, I’ve just had all my work cancelled indefinitely until further notice so basically I’m skint for quite some time which is bollox
Sorry to hear that, Lucent.
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

Whippersnapper

Cheers mate just hope things improve soon
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Nobody else has anything "serious" to say about all this? Wether it is a farce or overreaction it is going to effect us all in a negative way. This is worse than 9-11. We are going to lose a heck of a lot.

The world is a changing...for the worse.

My state will be closing borders within the week. Time to take whats happening serious.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

This whole situation has grown to the extent that most people feel helpless in the face of just about everything, airlines, schools, sporting events, even ski resorts being closed. It is out of our hands, just as the disease itself appears to be.

I am still recovering from my brush with mortality and its aftermath, so we are by necessity keeping a very low profile. I think there are a lot of folks who are hurting, especially those whose income is tied to things like travel, tourism or other hospitality related employment. The media continues to stir the pot. Where this goes in anyone's guess.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Terry hard to say what this will lead too. I agree that there will be some long term economic effects and that will most likely hurt people more than the sickness. Due to my work I have been in meetings on this for a few weeks. It had escalated beyond anyone's early predictions, not the sickness but the reactions to it.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Whatever happens we just have to deal with it. It won't be fun but we'll get through it, I hope.
2024 candidate for president
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

whippersnapper wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:00 am Nobody else has anything "serious" to say about all this? Wether it is a farce or overreaction it is going to effect us all in a negative way.

Mr. Whippersnapper,

I am not going to change my routine whatsoever. I'll be more watchful of what happens in my immediate environment, but I'm not going to go full hyper panic mode like the mainstream media expects everyone to do, and they have done a pretty good job at fueling the panic. When H1N1 hit during the ObaMao debacle, there was nowhere near the publicity, panic, and urgency, yet 13,500 Americans died. I don't want to sound like a fatalist, but whatever happens is going to happen. I'll just keep washing my hands. The Man upstairs is in control.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I didn't mean that as a slap to you or anyone. I was joking around too. We need to keep our sense of humor. I enjoy the lighter side of things and probably kid around too much at times.

But I'm also interested in what is happening to everyone in other places and don't want to scare anyone off that wants to unload the serious side of this mess.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Bonzo wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:27 pm
whippersnapper wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:00 am Nobody else has anything "serious" to say about all this? Wether it is a farce or overreaction it is going to effect us all in a negative way.

Mr. Whippersnapper,

I am not going to change my routine whatsoever. I'll be more watchful of what happens in my immediate environment, but I'm not going to go full hyper panic mode like the mainstream media expects everyone to do, and they have done a pretty good job at fueling the panic. When H1N1 hit during the ObaMao debacle, there was nowhere near the publicity, panic, and urgency, yet 13,500 Americans died. I don't want to sound like a fatalist, but whatever happens is going to happen. I'll just keep washing my hands. The Man upstairs is in control.

Best regards,

Bonz
very well said Mr Bonz.
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

It's like throwing a drowning man an anchor.
Living in an area whose lifeblood is tourism, I think a lot of tourist oriented businesses are going to be devastated by this.
Bars, restaurants, theaters etc. will be running on empty, this combined with the overwhelming population of White Pointers, no one really goes swimming in salt water anymore; now they just wade in up to their knees. Our fresh water ponds will become petri dishes.
But If this bug gets into the Grey Seal population and there is a mass die-off that could be about the only upside to one of the area's problems, if the seal population gets decimated then the sharks might look somewhere other than this sandbar for food.
The seals have already ruined the commercial and sport fishing industry here; they eat an estimated 500,000 pounds of fish each day.
Attachments
lecount.jpg
lecount.jpg (170.11 KiB) Viewed 3848 times
sprink

Post by sprink »

Well now the Ohio governor has ordered all restaurants and bars to close tonight at 9:00 , that's really gonna hurt some smaller businesses and employees, Luckily my daughter is old enough to stay alone since the schools are also closed , Hopefully all of these measures work .
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I'm going to keep doing what I have been doing all along. Nothing we can do about it cause we don't call the shots. We will get through it one way or the other.
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I woke up sunday morning with the sniffles. Still have them. I had something that I wanted to do later, and did it....I hope I didn't I make the wrong choice and accidently infect someone.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

My apologies for the earlier post above this one. it was worded like I hoped to infect someone. I certainly did not.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

whippersnapper wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:13 am My apologies for the earlier post above this one. it was worded like I hoped to infect someone. I certainly did not.
Terry, please keep us in the loop on how you are feeling,I trust that it is just a cold.