So what you all going to do?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: So what you all going to do?

Post by natcherly »

john wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:47 pm My son texted this to me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-IAumaJJRK ... 9g1k3ytzjx
That is just great! Did your son have anything to do with the production?
john

Post by john »

Hi David,
No he had nothing to do with producing the video. He sick at home in Albuquerque with corvid19. This the end of week two for him. He’s feeling a lot better. He has plenty of free time to search the web. I’ll let him know you enjoyed it.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

john wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:55 pm Hi David,
No he had nothing to do with producing the video. He sick at home in Albuquerque with corvid19. This the end of week two for him. He’s feeling a lot better. He has plenty of free time to search the web. I’ll let him know you enjoyed it.
John
John, I am glad to hear that your Son is getting better.
john

Post by john »

Thanks Eric, I’m glad too. To tell you the truth I’m really freaked out I hope he continues to improve.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

john wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:46 pm Thanks Eric, I’m glad too. To tell you the truth I’m really freaked out I hope he continues to improve.
John
John, best wishes for his speedy recovery!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

natcherly wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:09 pm
john wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:46 pm Thanks Eric, I’m glad too. To tell you the truth I’m really freaked out I hope he continues to improve.
John
John, best wishes for his speedy recovery!
Ditto
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

John
John, best wishes for his speedy recovery
Same here.

I've been back on the job 2 months as of last Friday. I had a week off when the whole company was shut down at the start of this mess, then got an email asking me to join the crew of a half dozen or so guys in building 3 where I work. Management is really thinned out; the majority "working from home" (huh!). I was classed as "essential" personnel. Sure, I always thought I was, but it's nice to hear it from management (lip service). I guess I won't be home building that kit guitar after all.

We've rearranged shifts to all manner of bizarre hours to keep us apart, and I'm only working a regular 40 hour week, instead of the usual 49. The 2nd shift foreman and I are designated sanitizer guys, which means a 45 - 60 minute tour of the building 4 times a day, spraying diluted alcohol all over the place. It was kind of fun at first, now it's drudgery. With half a day shot, I barely have time to cover my administrative duties, let alone anything else. At least I'm still employed, which was my major concern.

I hope everyone here is OK. and will get through this all right. It looks like we will be dealing with this situation for an extended time; until a vaccine and/or effective treatment is discovered. As nasty as this bug is, catching it is not a viable option, as we used to say in the Death Commandos.

Good luck to us all.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

We haven't seen anywhere near the worst yet imo.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

tr4252 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:15 pm
John
John, best wishes for his speedy recovery
Same here.

I've been back on the job 2 months as of last Friday. I had a week off when the whole company was shut down at the start of this mess, then got an email asking me to join the crew of a half dozen or so guys in building 3 where I work. Management is really thinned out; the majority "working from home" (huh!). I was classed as "essential" personnel. Sure, I always thought I was, but it's nice to hear it from management (lip service). I guess I won't be home building that kit guitar after all.

We've rearranged shifts to all manner of bizarre hours to keep us apart, and I'm only working a regular 40 hour week, instead of the usual 49. The 2nd shift foreman and I are designated sanitizer guys, which means a 45 - 60 minute tour of the building 4 times a day, spraying diluted alcohol all over the place. It was kind of fun at first, now it's drudgery. With half a day shot, I barely have time to cover my administrative duties, let alone anything else. At least I'm still employed, which was my major concern.

I hope everyone here is OK. and will get through this all right. It looks like we will be dealing with this situation for an extended time; until a vaccine and/or effective treatment is discovered. As nasty as this bug is, catching it is not a viable option, as we used to say in the Death Commandos.

Good luck to us all.

Tom
In my area if you get laid off you'll get around $900 a week with your unemployment check. Go figure.
2024 candidate for president
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

whippersnapper wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:41 pm We haven't seen anywhere near the worst yet imo.
What I'm afraid of... :cry:

Shops are opening up, people are amassing and soon there will be a big letdown. It's not over but the precautions we took gave us false sense of security.

I'm still staying home and only go out when needed but I like going to the shooting range. That's the only recreation I partake in this situation.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I'm still more worried about the economic side of things than getting sick.

I spent Saturday night watching idiots try to burn and destroy the city I was born and grew up in. Just wait until people are hungrier and poorer.
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

I guess I'm lucky in that respect. I have SSI and RSDI as well have an EBT card. Because of the pandemic I got the stimulus check and increases in my EBT card (food stamps). I bought lots of canned food, packages of dried noodle and dried rice dinners for storage.

The hot weather here kills the virus and helps keep it down. When Winter comes around it'll be back with a vengeance.

Also I stocked up on 9mm and 22lr ammo. Whatever that's necessary or not I'd be prepared.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

SNICKERS, i also have an ebt card $16 a month, keeps me in cookies. last month i was in shock when i checked my account and saw $425 !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

A friend of mine and his wife got the virus and he said it wasn't any worse than a cold. They had to get a nasal swab before they went back to work and he said that was worse than the virus. Guess he got lucky.
2024 candidate for president
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

TRYKER, I get $31 in mine but since last month I was seeing over $200. I'm surprised you got that big a boost.

For me it's ice cream. :D