So what you all going to do?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whippersnapper

Re: So what you all going to do?

Post by whippersnapper »

Yep. I know a few people actually doing better, money wise, by staying home. But that won't last forever.

Soon people will have to start paying rent and mortgages again. The fake stock market is going to have to reset. All governments are broke.

I'm worried about SSI or pensions even being there much longer.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

There will be money till they run out of paper, might not be worth anything but we can always use it for toilet paper.
2024 candidate for president
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

Most of the money is deposited in the bank accounts and we use our debit cards. Who need paper except to wipe our asses with? :mrgreen:
Charleslee

Post by Charleslee »

Social Security is a big worry for me. Eligible in a few days but am lucky in that I’m still working.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Well guys. I admit I was wrong. The world is chugging along just wonderfully. Stock market is great, unemployment is recovering. I can even buy food at only a slightly higher price. I can even find toilet paper to wipe my ass most days. And to think I was worrying about nothing.

Life is good. Carry on!
sammy the blade

Glad to hear it! Just shows you can't believe anything you see on tv.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Sammy, don't believe that crap. I was being sarcastic...lol

I can't hardly find ammo. Guns are scarce and last night the store ran out of my brand of beer. When I tried to pay with cash I was told they were only taking cards because of the great coin shortage of 2020.

Bummed, I decided to stop at my local watering hole and found out my governor decided to close them all down again. These places aren't discos either. Nobody is grinding on a dance floor. They removed half the stools and tables. Shut down the pool table and dart boards and were serving beer and drinks out of throw away cups. They were following the rules and trying to keep things safe.

Restaurants can stay open still. Bars that earn more than 70% of their income on booze can't....If I owned a small bar I think I would be doing some creative accounting right now.

At least it is ok to go out and protest and riot. Problem is I don't know my way around town anymore because they are changing all the street names because I guess they were all named after racists.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

sounds real corn fusing terry, are all the streets now named jackson or sharpton ???
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

No, I think they are going with things like snowflake, rainbow and unicorn. Division street will probably be renamed the Transgender Highway...lol
sammy the blade

I bet this economy is really hurting the strippers! 99.9 percent of them don't pay taxes so no stimulas check for them.
sammy the blade

whippersnapper wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:51 pm Sammy, don't believe that crap. I was being sarcastic...lol

I can't hardly find ammo. Guns are scarce and last night the store ran out of my brand of beer. When I tried to pay with cash I was told they were only taking cards because of the great coin shortage of 2020.

Bummed, I decided to stop at my local watering hole and found out my governor decided to close them all down again. These places aren't discos either. Nobody is grinding on a dance floor. They removed half the stools and tables. Shut down the pool table and dart boards and were serving beer and drinks out of throw away

cups. They were following the rules and trying to keep things safe.

Restaurants can stay open still. Bars that earn more than 70% of their income on booze can't....If I owned a small bar I think I would be doing some creative accounting right now.

At least it is ok to go out and protest and riot. Problem is I don't know my way around town anymore because they are changing all the street names because I guess they were all named after racists.
Terry, things aren't so bad around here yet. I've noticed the gun and ammo supply is low but I have plenty of both. So far the stores still take cash but I miss the drive up at the liquor store, that was when we weren't supposed to leave the house. The Dollar General In my town doesn't sell my brand but I can make due when nessessary. I save the receipt from the Dollar store, use em for toilet paper!
sammy the blade

Waking this up again. Everyday the school system my son is in emails us of either students, teachers or other school staff getting covid but they haven't shut the schools down yet. Time will tell.
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

Big brother and his wife, have a 2nd house & 2nd car in southern France, they can't go there. They are paying utilities and taxes via smart phone.
It''s driving them nutz. We have 4 houses in close proximity, 3 in a common trust ownership . 11 people total. (south of Pittsburgh)
Everyone has been innoculated twice, we are all immuno compromised. oldest is 97, youngest is 60.
I have a niece with my charge card, she shops for us. . .I'm watching my saving dwindle away.
We limit contact with everyone. My younger bro has had the 3rd covid shot, he's a grade school teacher. 3 days live, 2 days online.
He lives upstairs in a 3 room apartment with his girl. . . we don't really come in contact.. cause I'm such a High risk.
I've been on antibiotics regularly every 4 months for 30 days at a time for several years now.
We cancelled Christmas and Thanksgiving last year . . .looks like it may be cancelled again this year. Zoom teleconferencing with the family.
I've cut back on my drawing business this year. I just can't keep up under pressure.
We have not seen one grandchild for 2 years now, she lives in Boston (Cambridge), a Covid hotspot.
I have not gone pistol or rifle shooting in over 5 years. . . bumming me out. . . I shoot the BB gun in the back yard.
I have not been to the meatpackers to buy beef, or to the farmers market either. I miss those giant Amish oatmeal raisin cookies.
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

I've been mowin' the yard, once a week in season , and playin' video games & watchin' movies on TV..... :cry:

Straydog
sammy the blade

Straydog 5247 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:46 pm I've been mowin' the yard, once a week in season , and playin' video games & watchin' movies on TV..... :cry:

Straydog
About the same for me too.