Spam

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: Spam

Post by sammy the blade »

Hopefully the spam will go away.
2024 candidate for president
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

sammy the blade wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:07 pm Hopefully the spam will go away.
Yes, it does go away, but only after we Mods perform a bit of magic.

Spammers use bots to blanket the web. They get paid to place this crap. The bots and their users seem to be heuristic (remember the HAL 9000?) in that they learn and adapt. As doors are shut to certain behaviors, for example the use of really weird or totally random usernames, they respond by using more realistic ones that look like those of real people. It's a never ending battle......
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I don't mean any disrespect for any other mods...Sometimes I get overly excited and grumpy. Especially when you come here to relax after a hectic day and the bots are making accounts and posts faster than you can delete them...lol
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

If the forum software could be adjusted to put new members' first few posts in a moderation queue which the moderators could check daily and pass the legitimate posts.
Like separating wheat from chaff it can be tiring; still, it works.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Billyfish wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:42 am If the forum software could be adjusted to put new members' first few posts in a moderation queue which the moderators could check daily and pass the legitimate posts.
Like separating wheat from chaff it can be tiring; still, it works.
I bet it does. Your first post on this issue has been sent to the Admin. No response as yet. Hopefully soon as I want to come here for reasons other than seeing Keto diet promos, offers to supply phony docs, Ukrainian Girls who want me for reproductive recreation, the list goes on....and on.
The Ukrainian thing sounds interesting, but my wife of 50 yrs would no doubt frown on such liaisons.